The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LeBron 'fatal' injury

Crimson-JH

6 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

He's never surpassing Kobe. Forget about trying to match up with MJ. His legacy will never be as respected as Kobe's or any other player who are considered Top 10

He has already passed  kobe, again it's the skeptical kobe fans that think it isn't true. 

Watch any show, watch what all the greats say he's already top 3 and most of them don't even have kobe in their top 5. 

26 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

He has already passed  kobe, again it's the skeptical kobe fans that think it isn't true. 

Watch any show, watch what all the greats say he's already top 3 and most of them don't even have kobe in their top 5. 

I'm not denying his greatness. Probably the only player I can think of when it comes to carrying a franchise no matter where he goes. He's a player that only comes once in a generation. It's the antics and what he's done throughout his career that can't be measured statistically that draws a lot of people the wrong way. 

If it were up to me, Lebron would have had 6 MVPs by now but the NBA would never allow that.

3 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

I'm not denying his greatness. Probably the only player I can think of when it comes to carrying a franchise no matter where he goes. He's a player that only comes once in a generation. It's the antics and what he's done throughout his career that can't be measured statistically that draws a lot of people the wrong way. 

If it were up to me, Lebron would have had 6 MVPs by now but the NBA would never allow that.

I'm probably one of the bigger Lebron fans out there, and I totally agree with you. 

His whining lately has become rather boresome, and his flopping is really annoying. 

He just needs to shut up and play, and maybe if he closes his career out well he won't have to chase the ghost in Chicago anymore. 

1 hour ago, cookieeater55 said:

Ok where do i start 

Kobe 5 rings 

Lebron 3 rings 

Discussion should end here but...

Has lebum ever scored 81 in one game 

Jumping teams like no other....

Got tapped on the back and leaves the game

Kobe tore his Achilles and made two free throws and walked off the court by "him self" 

Kobe 60 points in his last game

End of discussion.

In much more meaningful games LeBron put up back to back 40 point games while being down 3-1 against a 73 win team (most overrated team in NBA history btw). Did Jordan or Kobe ever have bad teams? And if so, were they as bad as the one LeBron carried to the Finals in 07?

2 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

That is not true, find actual quotes of 'greats' saying Lebron is top 3 already. Stop saying false things and stating them as facts, it's simply not true.  I'm not saying he can't be the top 5 greatest player of all time when it's all said and done, but now? Not close. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Lebron. Just don't like him, never really did. But can I respect what he's done? Yup. You also said by the time he retires he will be the greatest to ever play. Nope.Take a look at his finals record, I'm sure you know it, he's 32 and is sitting games, he flops, this latest "injury" was an excuse to sit for the rest of the game, did Jordan and Kobe ever do that? Switching teams, all these things added up make me dislike Lebron. I could go on forever. Btw never mention Lebron as the GOAT, because the funny thing is, Lebron isn't even the best player in the NBA right now. No one will be better than Jordan, especially Lebron.

At the end of the day Kobe vs Lebron can be an endless debate between us fans, but if I had to choose I take Kobe every time. If you wanna win, it is easy you go with Kobe. I'll leave this video here from the real GOAT.

6 hours ago, Nagra said:

That is not true, find actual quotes of 'greats' saying Lebron is top 3 already. Stop saying false things and stating them as facts, it's simply not true.  I'm not saying he can't be the top 5 greatest player of all time when it's all said and done, but now? Not close. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Lebron. Just don't like him, never really did. But can I respect what he's done? Yup. You also said by the time he retires he will be the greatest to ever play. Nope.Take a look at his finals record, I'm sure you know it, he's 32 and is sitting games, he flops, this latest "injury" was an excuse to sit for the rest of the game, did Jordan and Kobe ever do that? Switching teams, all these things added up make me dislike Lebron. I could go on forever. Btw never mention Lebron as the GOAT, because the funny thing is, Lebron isn't even the best player in the NBA right now. No one will be better than Jordan, especially Lebron.

At the end of the day Kobe vs Lebron can be an endless debate between us fans, but if I had to choose I take Kobe every time. If you wanna win, it is easy you go with Kobe. I'll leave this video here from the real GOAT.

arguably the greatest laker of all time said that, isiah Thomas after the finals said the same thing. Go on YouTube and look at the debates these older players have, I think the show is called hangtime or something like that it comes up all the time. 

People say lebron isn't the best player during the regular season every year (past 3 years), and every time he proves them wrong when the playoffs come around.  

I don't agree with him sitting games, but he's been to six straight finals that's way more minutes then anyone else in the NBA. 

Let's look at Jordan's record without pippen and rodman, dude couldn't even get his team past the first round, is he the GOAT as of now yes, but let's revisit the debate when lebron retires. 

I don't think I've seen anyone say kobe has the chance to be the goat besides his fans. He's one of the best scorers of all time, but he's still not top 5 overall. 

As for his finals record; there is one (mavs) for which he is at fault, the rest his team just wasn't good enough. His latter two years in Miami were marked with injuries to wade and bosh but especially wade, and the bench wasn't good enough. 

Both kobe and Jordan had more to work with then lebron ever did, he's done more with less. We can revisit this debate when he retires. 

ps. Jordan has always thrown shade at lebron, is he scared that Lebron might dethrone him as the GOAT?

Have they found the gunmen yet?  Does anyone know if the bullet went through LeBron or did it get lodged in his back?  Luckily there were no other casualties!

7 hours ago, TheHitman said:

2K > NBA

Oh no doubt!

22 hours ago, cripplereh said:

only basketball I liked was the Harlem globetrotters

How does that work? That is fundamentally like watching an NHL Allstar game, the competition is about the same. My favorite part about the Globetrotters is this guy

7 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

I don't think I've seen anyone say kobe has the chance to be the goat besides his fans. He's one of the best scorers of all time, but he's still not top 5 overall. 

Both kobe and Jordan had more to work with then lebron ever did, he's done more with less. We can revisit this debate when he retires. 

ps. Jordan has always thrown shade at lebron, is he scared that Lebron might dethrone him as the GOAT?

I personally never said Kobe is top 5, that's not the argument here. It's all opinion on who has who as the greatest, I can respect people's opinions, like wise I can understand the points you are trying to make. However I don't agree with them. Regarding Kobe and Jordan had more to work with and what not, and Lebron has done more in the playoffs? No he hasn't. You do know Lebron has had significantly less of a challenge come playoff time? There isn't nearly as many championship teams in the NBA as there used to be. Kobe played in the toughest era of basketball ever, and that is a fact. I'm not sure you knew of that, as you probably haven't been watching the NBA for too long, and was a Miami fan not too long ago, and just now recently you are a Cavs fan since 2014. Lebron fans are really obsessive over defending him for some reason, it's crazy.

People who say Lebron can dethrone Jordan as the greatest never actually got to see Jordan play, the man revolutionized the game, he looked like a man against boys. He was an icon for basketball. It was unbelievable. I can't say that for Lebron, not because I don't like him I can see past all of that, but he just doesn't dominate the game like a supposed future "goat" should. You really think Jordan is scared he's going to get dethroned by LBJ? Come on now, I know you're a big LBJ fan but don't get so ahead of yourself. However I can't blame you, as you didn't have the chance to see the real GOAT play.

56 minutes ago, Nagra said:

I personally never said Kobe is top 5, that's not the argument here. It's all opinion on who has who as the greatest, I can respect people's opinions, like wise I can understand the points you are trying to make. However I don't agree with them. Regarding Kobe and Jordan had more to work with and what not, and Lebron has done more in the playoffs? No he hasn't. You do know Lebron has had significantly less of a challenge come playoff time? There isn't nearly as many championship teams in the NBA as there used to be. Kobe played in the toughest era of basketball ever, and that is a fact. I'm not sure you knew of that, as you probably haven't been watching the NBA for too long, and was a Miami fan not too long ago, and just now recently you are a Cavs fan since 2014. Lebron fans are really obsessive over defending him for some reason, it's crazy.

People who say Lebron can dethrone Jordan as the greatest never actually got to see Jordan play, the man revolutionized the game, he looked like a man against boys. He was an icon for basketball. It was unbelievable. I can't say that for Lebron, not because I don't like him I can see past all of that, but he just doesn't dominate the game like a supposed future "goat" should. You really think Jordan is scared he's going to get dethroned by LBJ? Come on now, I know you're a big LBJ fan but don't get so ahead of yourself. However I can't blame you, as you didn't have the chance to see the real GOAT play.

I come from a basketball family, I've been watching the game for as long as I can remember, given I was born in 93 but I know the history of the game pretty damn well. Kobe can do whatever he wants, but it won't change the fact that he was playing second fiddle to Shaq for three of the rings he's won, and LeBron has never had the luxury of being carried  by anyone on his team. I can be a fan of whoever I want, what does that have do with anything? If you're trying to make me out to be a bandwagon jumper shouldn't I be a fan of the warriors with their unanimous MVP? Durant joining the supposed best team of all time should attest to Lebron's grip on the NBA today.

I just told you people that played against Jordan are making those claims, Pippen who played with Jordan said that Jordan is the best scorer ever, but LeBron is the best overall player ever. I'm not saying he's the GOAT right now, but if he wins another championship and keeps going up the points and assists list, you can bet he is going to be right there.

Everyone makes Jordan out to be so great, why did he lose all those series in the first round? Why did he get swept in the first round? When Jordan started winning all the other big name players were exiting their primes. Bird, Magic, heck they made rules so that Jordan wouldn't get beat up by the bad boys anymore. If you want to go based on dominance then Bill Russell should be the greatest, I don't think anyone will beat his 11 rings ever.

3 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

If you're trying to make me out to be a bandwagon jumper shouldn't I be a fan of the warriors with their unanimous MVP? Durant joining the supposed best team of all time should attest to Lebron's grip on the NBA today.

I just told you people that played against Jordan are making those claims, Pippen who played with Jordan said that Jordan is the best scorer ever, but LeBron is the best overall player ever. I'm not saying he's the GOAT right now, but if he wins another championship and keeps going up the points and assists list, you can bet he is going to be right there.

Everyone makes Jordan out to be so great, why did he lose all those series in the first round? Why did he get swept in the first round? When Jordan started winning all the other big name players were exiting their primes. Bird, Magic, heck they made rules so that Jordan wouldn't get beat up by the bad boys anymore. If you want to go based on dominance then Bill Russell should be the greatest, I don't think anyone will beat his 11 rings ever.

So you're telling me you weren't a Miami fan not too long ago? And you have been a Cavs fan ever since Lebron left? I don't believe that, so you're a bandwagon jumper.

Lebron's so called "grip" on the NBA has resulted in him wanting every good player out there, if he's so good as you said why does he feel he needed to make a super team to compete? Not too long ago near the trade deadline he publicly ranted about him needing a playmaker, shouldn't the "greatest all around player" ever be able to carry his team?

This has what caused the NBA to go from what was once a competitive league, to a league where star players want to hop around and chase rings. Lebron is so fixated with chasing Jordan he's ruining his legacy. 

Bringing up Jordan's loses proves how competitive the NBA was, further backing up what I said of how that era of basketball was the most competitive ever. It make's it that much more special of what Jordan and Kobe did in their careers. Plug Lebron in that era and he's not doing anything, unless he starts demanding every good player to join him.

9 minutes ago, Nagra said:

So you're telling me you weren't a Miami fan not too long ago? And you have been a Cavs fan ever since Lebron left? I don't believe that, so you're a bandwagon jumper.

Lebron's so called "grip" on the NBA has resulted in him wanting every good player out there, if he's so good as you said why does he feel he needed to make a super team to compete? Not too long ago near the trade deadline he publicly ranted about him needing a playmaker, shouldn't the "greatest all around player" ever be able to carry his team?

This has what caused the NBA to go from what was once a competitive league, to a league where star players want to hop around and chase rings. Lebron is so fixated with chasing Jordan he's ruining his legacy. 

Bringing up Jordan's loses proves how competitive the NBA was, further backing up what I said of how that era of basketball was the most competitive ever. It make's it that much more special of what Jordan and Kobe did in their careers. Plug Lebron in that era and he's not doing anything, unless he starts demanding every good player to join him.

Pippin would slam the door shut in Labron's face.  Barkly would make Labron cry.  Lambir, well, he would kill Labron.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pippin would slam the door shut in Labron's face.  Barkly would make Labron cry.  Lambir, well, he would kill Labron.  

Exactly, that era was filled with so many dominating and imposing players Lebron would stand no chance. Watching games back in the day were a treat, they were an actual battle. Now it just a bunch of wussys who need to sit games for no reason, and cry babies who get mad when they don't get their way. We were lucky enough to witness that era.

1 minute ago, Nagra said:

Exactly, that era was filled with so many dominating and imposing players Lebron would stand no chance. Watching games back in the day were a treat, they were an actual battle. Now it just a bunch of wussys who need to sit games for no reason, and cry babies who get mad when they don't get their way. Luck for us we got to witness that era.

I used to really enjoy watching the NBA in the 80's and 90's.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I used to really enjoy watching the NBA in the 80's and 90's.  

Me too, I got into it a few years before the Grizzlies came in 95, but during those years I just fell in love with basketball

38 minutes ago, Nagra said:

Last year they lost Delly did they replace him? No. He's not asking for an all star point guard, just a point guard to carry the second unit so him and Kyrie could rest. "older" people like you think they know everything about the NBA, guarantee you were just jumping on the Bulls and Lakers bandwagon in the day. 

I'm going to be a fan of any team he goes to, I don't care if its the 76ers. "diehard" Lakers fans like yourselves are now cheering for the Warriors, in the hopes that they will beat LeBron. If you legitimately think that Kobe is a better player then Lebron there is no point in talking to you, because no one aside from his fans think that. Why is Kobe not brought up in the GOAT talks at all? He's brought up in the greatest scorer talks, but he's nothing more then that a scorer, and Lebron is beating all his scoring titles as well.

You keep talking as if Kobe was the catalyst of that 3peat, you're wrong it was Shaq, take Shaq off that team they don't win. Kobe had a chance to carry a team, he missed the playoffs and went crying on radio until they bought in Pau.

Again Jordan didn't do anything until all the big players of that time were out of their primes, and until he got 2 future HOFs, and a damn good bench. The bulls were still a great team when he left, look at what happened to both the Cavs and the Heat when Lebron left. Look at what happened the year Kobe left, the Lakers started improving in the standings. Jordan is the GOAT no doubt but it's a lot closer then you think.

Archived