The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Griffen Molino | C/LW

stonecoldstevebernier

3 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Molinos numbers are up now as well.

They gave him the same $ they gave Boeser.

$92,000 US signing bonus and max ELC cap

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/griffen-molino

I think that's just what they default with on ELCs subject to confirmation of details.

Every deal they report starts out with the max ELC salary and then they change it when the real numbers come in.

The following is copy/pasted from right underneath the contract you linked:

UNCONFIRMED - DETAILS: Current contract values are temporary placeholders until such time as the full breakdown of details are confirmed.

3 hours ago, Derp... said:

Interesting wrinkle that the contract is for this year. I didnt expect that. Wonder how he will show at the NHL level. Apparently speed and defensive game are strong points which makes me think Willie will like him on that 4th line no problem.

5'11" 171.....he'd better be fast

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Pretty sure I heard on the radio that he will be playing with the Canucks Friday... sounds crazy, maybe I heard wrong? Anyone know for sure?

Coach Desjardins confirms newly signed Griffen Molino will play Friday against the Kings. "I'm excited to see what he can bring."

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Coach Desjardins confirms newly signed Griffen Molino will play Friday against the Kings. "I'm excited to see what he can bring."

Damn, wonder why this is happening. Benning must really see something in this guy or really really doesn't want to call anyone up from Utica. This will burn a year of his ELC too I assume. 

Interesting moves, maybe he wants to send Goldy down to Utica? Or take out an injured Canuck like Sutter?

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

Damn, wonder why this is happening. Benning must really see something in this guy or really really doesn't want to call anyone up from Utica. This will burn a year of his ELC too I assume. 

Interesting moves, maybe he wants to send Goldy down to Utica? Or take out an injured Canuck like Sutter?

Maybe he's burning a year incase he doesn't pan out then we only have him for season?

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Maybe he's burning a year incase he doesn't pan out then we only have him for season?

Ya but why use a contract on him then anyways? Do you think Benning is thinking of doing a major rebuild and is stocking up on all the prospects he can get his hands on? Trade Sutter, Sedins, Edler, Tanev.... Just blow it up? Maybe even a guy like Sven to get a solid younger prospect?

I think this kid may surprise us a bit on the offensive side of things.. Checked out WMU statistics and their scoring seemed very spread out with only one guy reaching 20 goals followed by molino with 15 and so on, they were a pretty low scoring team and still managed to maintain a winning record. Not saying he's gonna be the first Italian superstar but I do think he may have a little more offensive upside then his stats give him credit for. Noticed he potted a hat trick this season and a few multi point games. Excited to see what he can bring at the next level.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Yes but does he know "the system"?

The system is being a 2 way guy. Not taking risks offensively if it exposes you to a counter. Sven Baertschi found this out in the last Winnipeg game. He didn't get any ice time in the final 3 minutes of the game because he shot wide on a 2 on 1 and Winnipeg scored on a counter rush.

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Good depth for Utica next year. Guess we'll see if he can turn into any AHL/NHL skill. Being 23 already leaves my hopes a little low. Oh well, FREE PROSPECT!

Looks like NHL depth now :lol:  We shall see how he does lol.

They probably just don't want to disturb the ahl team and hes fresh meat to throw on the main club.  

But he's also 23 so maybe hes getting an audition for a 4th line role.  Maybe he can take a spot from Megna/Chaput :D

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ya but why use a contract on him then anyways? Do you think Benning is thinking of doing a major rebuild and is stocking up on all the prospects he can get his hands on? Trade Sutter, Sedins, Edler, Tanev.... Just blow it up? Maybe even a guy like Sven to get a solid younger prospect?

How dare you :P

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Looks like NHL depth now :lol:  We shall see how he does lol.

They probably just don't want to disturb the ahl team and hes fresh meat to throw on the main club.  

But he's also 23 so maybe hes getting an audition for a 4th line role.  Maybe he can take a spot from Megna/Chaput :D

He might even be an upgrade over Megna/Chaput to be honest. Let's see how he performs on Friday against LA. 

Any upgrades on any of the bottom six players would be welcomed addition! 

48 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

He might even be an upgrade over Megna/Chaput to be honest. Let's see how he performs on Friday against LA. 

Any upgrades on any of the bottom six players would be welcomed addition! 

Yeah it is an exciting time for sure :D  Look forward too seeing more kids :D  Even if the kid is 23 :D

i did a couple of his game vs Denver and game vs Omaha to get the "feel" of his game (highlight stuff in the descrip[tion box)

i personally liked the denver game

he has that wide stance skating like Tryamkin has idk why i found that odd

decent skater, seems to be in the right spot for the most part. 

i thought of Dan Marino whenever his name came up

9 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

9 hours ago, Outsiders said:

It says in the Province that this was a bargaining chip used to sign him as he had several other suitors.  Not sure I agree, iirc they did not offer Stecher ice time and that worked out well. 

Anyways I laughed when they showed him sitting with Steamer at last nights game.  I thought how awkward would it be to sit next to a team executive while they get schlacked like that.

Archived