(Proposal) Van - Arizona

Just now, Adarsh Sant said:

Hutton + 2017 1st and 2018 2nd

For

Domi + Keller?

Too weak on our side?

Way too much.

I would never trade our 2017 1st.

Keller is probably untouchable from the Coyotes point of view.

How bout Hutton + 2018 2nd for Domi straight up? 

Just now, morrissex95 said:

Way too much.

That seems fair, which is why I think our 2017 1st = Keller. 

Coyotes could take center with their pick(Patrick/Hischier/Vilardi), and D man with ours (Makar/Liljegren). We get Domi and Keller. 

8 hours ago, scheif16 said:

To ARI: (ARI has a lot of good prospects and could use a solid Dmen in Tanev)

Tanev + Subban + 2017 4th

To VAN:  

2017 1st + 2018 2nd

Then we could pick a Center and a Dmen:

one of Hischier, Patrick, Mittelstadt

one of Liljegren, Makar, Foote

and there is still the possibility of SJ 1st.... 

Just vomited a bit. 

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

Way too much.

I would give up our first and Hutton any day of the week for even just Keller let alone adding in domi... Huttons value is so skewed in Canucks fans eyes. 

14 hours ago, shiznak said:

Arizona will NEVER trade Domi, unless it's an offer they can not refuse.

Uhhhhhh, I think people think that Hutton or Subban for Domi is actually an offer Arizona couldn't refuse

Believe me,  I'm laughing too

21 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Way too much.

Still too much.  What has Domi done to show he's a top six guy on a good team?  Yes, he KOed Kesler, which was awesome, but (other than that) he has regressed actually.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Still too much.  What has Domi done to show he's a top six guy on a good team?  Yes, he KOed Kesler, which was awesome, but (other than that) he has regressed actually.  

Domi is a good defensive force too. He's physical. Does a lot of stuff that doesn't show up on the scoresheet. If we get Domi, Reinhart and Liljegren in the summer we're set forever. 

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

Domi is a good defensive force too. He's physical. Does a lot of stuff that doesn't show up on the scoresheet. If we get Domi, Reinhart and Liljegren in the summer we're set forever. 

We are probably drafting 5th meaning we'd take a center in the draft, as Liljegren has fallen to 7th-8th spot in most scouts' lists. 5th pick is too high for Liljegren for us. So if we took a forward I don't think Benning would trade for Reinhart and/or Domi.

That is what makes this so interesting because Arizona will have 2nd or 3rd pick and they don't need centers. So will they take BPA or draft for needs....

If they took Liljegren/Makar at 2nd/3rd spot, that would leave one of Mittelstadt/Vilardi/Patrick/Hischier to us, but drafting a D so high doesn't make sense for ARI

This is why I think instead of trade for Domi/Reinhart, we could swap picks with ARI and throw in something on our end to make it worthwhile.

Maybe:

VAN: 5th overall pick + 2018 3rd + Subban

ARI: 2nd/3rd overall pick

13 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

We are probably drafting 5th meaning we'd take a center in the draft, as Liljegren has fallen to 7th-8th spot in most scouts' lists. 5th pick is too high for Liljegren for us. So if we took a forward I don't think Benning would trade for Reinhart and/or Domi.

That is what makes this so interesting because Arizona will have 2nd or 3rd pick and they don't need centers. So will they take BPA or draft for needs....

If they took Liljegren/Makar at 2nd/3rd spot, that would leave one of Mittelstadt/Vilardi/Patrick/Hischier to us, but drafting a D so high doesn't make sense for ARI

This is why I think instead of trade for Domi/Reinhart, we could swap picks with ARI and throw in something on our end to make it worthwhile.

Maybe:

VAN: 5th overall pick + 2018 3rd + Subban

ARI: 2nd/3rd overall pick

That's a fair deal with Subban alone. 

Subban is really underrated on these boards. I think he's comparable to Mike Green and Torey Krug. Not a bad player at all. If he works on his defensive game, he could find a way into the Canucks lineup for the 2018-2019 season. 

9 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

That's a fair deal with Subban alone. 

Subban is really underrated on these boards. I think he's comparable to Mike Green and Torey Krug. Not a bad player at all. If he works on his defensive game, he could find a way into the Canucks lineup for the 2018-2019 season. 

I would think Subban has next to no trade value.  He's an undersized one dimensional player.  Until he learns to play in both ends of the rink no one is going to give up much for him. He could t even get a sniff of the NHL with the Canucks despite all the injuries this year 

Just now, qwijibo said:

I would think Subban has next to no trade value.  He's an undersized one dimensional player.  Until he learns to play in both ends of the rink no one is going to give up much for him. He could t even get a sniff of the NHL with the Canucks despite all the injuries this year 

I would think you're completely wrong. Torey Krug is undersized too, now he's in Boston's top four. 

Brian Rafalski was only 5'10. He was an absolute star for Detroit and New Jersey, playing on the top pairing with Lidstrom in Detroit. Who says size is that important? The reason we haven't called up Subban this year is because his development is better served in the AHL. That's the only reason why Biega has been called up ahead of him. He'll be called up next year and I think he'll do well. 

44 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

41 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

I would think you're completely wrong. Torey Krug is undersized too, now he's in Boston's top four. 

Brian Rafalski was only 5'10. He was an absolute star for Detroit and New Jersey, playing on the top pairing with Lidstrom in Detroit. Who says size is that important? The reason we haven't called up Subban this year is because his development is better served in the AHL. That's the only reason why Biega has been called up ahead of him. He'll be called up next year and I think he'll do well. 

If he does have trade value, ARI would take our trade because they're getting Subban and move down so they can draft a Dman.

If he doesn't have trade value, ARI would take a free prospect and move down. They can still get a solid D man in Liljegren/Makar at 5th spot.

Either way it doesn't make make sense for ARI to remain at 2nd/3rd pick when they have no need to draft another center. Maybe Subban isn't the guy but we should pursue a trade with them as we need centers and they don't.

6 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

If he does have trade value, ARI would take our trade because they're getting Subban and move down so they can draft a Dman.

If he doesn't have trade value, ARI would take a free prospect and move down. They can still get a solid D man in Liljegren/Makar at 5th spot.

Either way it doesn't make make sense for ARI to remain at 2nd/3rd pick when they have no need to draft another center. Maybe Subban isn't the guy but we should pursue a trade with them as we need centers and they don't.

Maybe they do what Florida did with Bouwemester and just take Liljegren with their pick. He looks pretty promising. 

2 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Size isn't Subbans only issue.  Just because there are small players that have done well in the NHL doesn't mean he will. He is still a long shot prospect. 

43 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Size isn't Subbans only issue.  Just because there are small players that have done well in the NHL doesn't mean he will. He is still a long shot prospect. 

Size and defensive zone coverage are his issues.

We won't be able to fix his size, but his defensive zone issues will be fixed and polished under Travis Green in the AHL. He's a project player but looks to get much better. 

Archived