Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 3 proposals for Tanev


Recommended Posts

This proposal is more for the sake of discussion than it is reality. There has been some rumblings that this off season (It's been talked about for some time on these forums) would be an ideal time to look for a trading parter for one of Tanev and Edler. I'm open to the idea of trading one of said guys, for the right package. 

 

I prefer dealing Edler for a couple reasons, Age, inability to produce when relied upon, and inconsistent tenacity. His NTC makes it hard to form a decent proposal as I have no idea if he would waive, or where he would waive too. However, I think Tanev gets us the better return, so I will focus on that. I've been looking around the league for some good partners, and to be honest, they are hard to find. 

 

To Van
Duchene 

 

To Col
Tanev 
2018 1st

 

It's no secret that Duchene's name is out there as he has publicly spoken about being open to moving. I believe this has lost some leverage for Sakic as he now has to adhere to his players wishes to a certain degree.

Duchene is a 60 point center that has an offensive flair. He is dynamic in the O-Zone and can distribute the puck very well. Now I know this might look like a steep price to some but, in my opinion, Duchene's don't come around all that often. I actually think another team will offer a bigger package, and in that case, I hope Benning doesn't engage in a bidding war.

 

To Van
2017 1st
McKeown

 

To Car
Tanev

 

It's no shock that we need young assets, and I think a fit could be made with Carolina. The Hurricanes are stocked in the defensive prospect cupboard, and could use a player like Tanev to insulate the youth they have back there. Considering the last 3 first round picks they took have been D men, I believe Mckeown is expendable. They seem to be on the up swing, and could be looking to make some deals. They also have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds this year.


To Van
Timashov 
2018 3rd
2017 1st

 

To Tor
Tanev
Cassels


Like the proposal before, it's all about gaining assets. I think Toronto would stick its head out for a quality defenseman of Tanev's caliber. With picks being the most expendable for the Maple Leafs, I think they will offer a hefty proposal for a team willing to part with one of those said quality defenseman. Toronto has two 2nd's in 2018. Rielly with Tanev could be lethal.


I am spit balling with these offers, and am curious to hear your guy' takes. If you're gonna slam my ideas, please do it in a manner that can be discussed after. I enjoy debating about hockey, and am not too proud to say I'm wrong. Just share with me why you think I am :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tanev + 1st to Arizona for Strome or Keller.

 

Arizona draft a top-6 center with their pick (Hirschier/Patrick/Vilardi/Mittelstadt depending on which pick they use) and a top-2 defenceman (Liljegren or Makar) with the other pick. They get Tanev who's still young enough and been to the Cup finals to help mentor the young defencemen they have over there.

 

Canucks get their future top line center.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dutch_Canuck said:

This proposal is more for the sake of discussion than it is reality. There has been some rumblings that this off season (It's been talked about for some time on these forums) would be an ideal time to look for a trading parter for one of Tanev and Edler. I'm open to the idea of trading one of said guys, for the right package. 

 

I prefer dealing Edler for a couple reasons, Age, inability to produce when relied upon, and inconsistent tenacity. His NTC makes it hard to form a decent proposal as I have no idea if he would waive, or where he would waive too. However, I think Tanev gets us the better return, so I will focus on that. I've been looking around the league for some good partners, and to be honest, they are hard to find. 

 

To Van
Duchene 

 

To Col
Tanev 
2018 1st

 

 

Our 2018 1st could fetch a player way better than Duchene. We're probably gonna suck next year even more. We could draft a top D man or a dynamic center. Lets keep Tanev and our 1st because it's not worth it. Plus Duchene is 26 so he has less years left than anyone that we would draft.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about we worry about moving our more inconsistent D-men like Edler and Sbisa? 

 

Just because he has a ntc kicking in, just means its harder to trade him, not impossible. 

 

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Tanev

McEneny Stetcher

 

Mix of size and skill? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Our 2018 1st could fetch a player way better than Duchene. We're probably gonna suck next year even more. We could draft a top D man or a dynamic center. Lets keep Tanev and our 1st because it's not worth it. Plus Duchene is 26 so he has less years left than anyone that we would draft.

 

Yep, I see your point. My thought process for it was that, as you draft a center. You're hoping he turns into a Duchene. Someone who can put up points consistently and drive the play. I'm all for hanging onto the 1st and Tanev, thanks for the response. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1040 they were mentioning if we trade Tanev to Toronto for a 1st rounder and someone else (can't remember the exact name, but a decent player on their team). They further went on to mention how Toronto is good everywhere except on the D and Tanev would be a great asset to them and give them a chance to win. If they sign Shattenkirk they said it wouldnt mean much as they need someone who can play shutdown role. They did mention a possible Tanev for Nylander due to the Hall Larson Trade last year and how that would be almost a comparable...

 

Now it does suck we could have had Nylander to begin with if we didn't pick Virtanen, but they did mention regardless how Tanev and Joulevi are one of the best assets we have just due to the trade value a Defenceman like them are worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How about we worry about moving our more inconsistent D-men like Edler and Sbisa? 

 

Just because he has a ntc kicking in, just means its harder to trade him, not impossible. 

 

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Tanev

McEneny Stetcher

 

Mix of size and skill? 

I wholeheartedly agree with that! I have a hunch that Sbisa gets claimed in the expansion draft, he has played solid this year. Yep, you're right but for the sake of the proposal. I wanted to stay away because it's hard for me to gauge value with NTC, but I do hope Benning opts to trade Edler before Tanev. I like size and skill ! With Juolevi and Brisebois coming up as well, I'm hopeful. Thanks for the response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Tanev and a 2nd to Detroit for their 2018 1st (which should still be a top 5).  They've always liked Edler,  so we giv'em an even better package,  but it'll cost them.

While I'd do that deal if I were JB - As bad as they are on the ice DET has cap issues so I see them looking to unload some bad contracts in any potential deals.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...