The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - All in for draft 2018

Now while this is wildly unrealistic, I think it is interesting to contemplate and or consider:

Canucks 1st round 2017 to Colorado for their 2018 pick. 

17 isnt that great a draft year and Colorado isnt going to get much better bar them blowing up the team.

Canucks 2nd and CBJ 2nd to Vegas for their 2018 first.

Vegas will need middle 6 depth and it speeds up them getting better.

Canucks get three 2018 lottery picks (including our own 2018 pick) and get shots at Svechnikov, Wise and Dahlin (or is it Dahlen??)

Are any of these rediculous? How would you tweak it?

maybe we could trade horvat to arizona for their first next year. i doubt JB does any of those things. we are all looking forward to who we might get in the draft. a weak draft, only because there are no super stars there. we could still find another horvat or tanev. 

Dahlen is going to be good - is he a 'generational' talent - I'm not so sure? 

Selling off picks to collect more picks may have made sense if there were guaranteed guys like McJesus/Matthews/Laine,  but without guys like them it's a risky undertaking which could devastate this franchise for a decade. 

With a very similar lineup, Colorado was 1st in their division and 2nd in the conference. I'm not saying they'll get back there again, but with some simple moves in the offseason they could move even 10 spots in the draft. That'd be a massive change, and if we're picking top 5 this year it'd be a downgrade.

And I'm not sure how two 2nd round picks helps Vegas' middle 6 depth. It's more likely they draft a top center with their 1st who turns into a Malhotra-type player.

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Dahlen is going to be good - is he a 'generational' talent - I'm not so sure? 

Selling off picks to collect more picks may have made sense if there were guaranteed guys like McJesus/Matthews/Laine,  but without guys like them it's a risky undertaking which could devastate this franchise for a decade. 

Kinda they're saying he is like an Erik Karlsson.

Colorado may not necessarily be in the bottom 10 come next year.

I do say we trade Edler and a pick if we can for a late 1st rounder for next year.

We will at the bottom of the draft for the next 3 years atleast. Come next tradeline we should not be scared to sell, we can retain one more players salary,  ask Eriksson to waive his NTC and trade him to a contender if we can find a suitable match. 

Resign Miller at 1-2 years, but do not give him a NTC so he can be moved to someone next year if they need a starting goalie due to some unforeseen reasons. 

Tanev could be an easy fit in Toronto, but that 1st rounder in return will be a later pick.

Archived