The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

April Music Mix Exchange- What Makes You Happy?

Cramarossa

6 hours ago, hatedkid666 said:

bingo! glad you liked it so much :P

Thanks for not being harsh on me. Your list deserved a better/fairer review. I'm sorry for mine.

Missed the d in your name. (sorry)

My apology:

You trash talk rap,
and cry its crap.
Where's your head,
up your butt instead.
You make a call,
with nothing at all.
What do you know,
where do you sow.
So trash your style,
don't need your bile.
Rap stands its own,
return to your zone.

Yup I'm definitely stuck in the classic rock zone!

1 minute ago, JAY JAY said:

Thanks for not being harsh on me. Your list deserved a better/fairer review. I'm sorry for mine.

Missed the d in your name. (sorry)

My apology:

You trash talk rap,
and cry its crap.
Where's your head,
up your butt instead.
You make a call,
with nothing at all.
What do you know,
where do you sow.
So trash your style,
don't need your bile.
Rap stands its own,
return to your zone.

Yup I'm definitely stuck in the classic rock zone!

ahaha its okay! cant like everything

Mohombi - Bumpy Ride - 5.5/10

It's catchy, but the digital tropical music is kinda old IMO - it makes sense that this is from 2010. 

G-Eazy - I Mean It - 7.5/10

One of my buddies showed me this song last year. G-Eazy isn't one of my favourite artists and not really a fan of these types of beats, but this one I like and it got stuck in my head. The flow is really on point.

Lionel Richie - All Night Long - 9/10

You can't go wrong with Lionel Richie. This is like the perfect party song.

Eric Prydz - Call on Me - 7/10

Fricks sakes - @LilBurrows I just clued in that this is your mix. Catchy beat, but not one I'd listen to outside of whenever it's on the radio. It's too repetitive.

Shinedown - If Only You Knew - 6/10

I'm not really a fan of this kind of music. It's rock, but with a country feel to it if that makes any sense. Not that there's anything wrong with either of those genres, but I don't really like the emotional-ness of this style.

Zedd, Alessia Cara - Stay - 7.5/10

I like both of these artists but this feels too much like generic pop music.

Ty Dolla $ign - Saved - 6/10

E40 is the best part of this, and even then, he's just kinda meh. Again, not really a fan of this kind of music. The trap-style beats are a bit of a put-off.

Lil Wayne - A Milli - 7/10

This is alright. The flow is pretty good. Not really fan of how it stays at mostly the same tone of voice through the whole song. Works for some, but not here.

Skrillex, Rick Ross - Purple Lamborghini - 7.5/10

Would've preferred it if it wasn't based on a movie. Ricky Rosé is always a classic, but I don't know how to feel about the bass drops in this song.

Zedd - Clarity - 8/10

An old one, but a good one. This was jam in 2013. Foxes has such a great voice.

Here is a review of the playlist that I got:

1. Good Time Boys by Red Hot Chili Peppers      2/5

To be perfectly honest, I don't listen to a lot of Rock music. It's an ok song though

2. The Power of Love by Huey Lewis & the News      4/5

Really liked this song from Back to the Future. Nice selection

3.Brick by Brick by Arctic Monkeys   3/5

I found it to be an easy listen, although once again it's not my taste in music

4. Man on the Silver Mountain by Rainbow   4/5

I must admit that I am a sucker for a good beat when it comes to music and I quite enjoyed it

5.Paradise City by Guns N' Roses     5/5

What is there not to like about this song? classic. Always find myself singing along

6. Dr. Feelgood by Motley Crue          3/5

Motley Crue was never really a band that I listen to, but this song is not too bad

7. We care a lot by Faith No More   3/5

Don't know how old this song actually is, good message behind it

8.Fight like a Brave by Red Hot Chili Peppers   2/5

Never really got into this song to be honest. I like my modern music

I am not really sure whose mix I got, Sorry!!

I'll get some by some done at a time. This way I figure I don't screw up and not get it in at all. I'll probably be skipping mix exchanges for a while as I showed up real late this time :/

Well, now that I'm not in the best mix mood, let's see which song can make me happy!

Living Color - Cult of Personality - 3/5
Decent song. Can see it being catchy but doesn't really put me in a great mood, despite its upbeat nature. Not really my genre either

Looper - Mondo 77' - 4/5
I like this song a lot more. It feels like something is missing and/or that it could be done better. Only critique.

Eiffel 65 - Move Your Body - 4.5/5
This is more like it. Compared to the last song, it feels much more complete. The upbeat nature suits the artists well. The ones who recorded blue IIRC

Gorillaz - Dare - 4/5
Sounds good, but it just sounds too much like clothing store music to me. Does not really up mood I find(if that is the theme of this mix exchange)

Ofdream - Ninth Gate - 4.5/5
Okay, really nice. I like the intro of the song the best. It's not really that engaging of a song and could fall into a similar category of clothing music of the last song :P

To be continued... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-04-24 at 10:42 PM, Zfetch said:

I'll get some by some done at a time. This way I figure I don't screw up and not get it in at all. I'll probably be skipping mix exchanges for a while as I showed up real late this time :/

Well, now that I'm not in the best mix mood, let's see which song can make me happy!

Living Color - Cult of Personality - 3/5
Decent song. Can see it being catchy but doesn't really put me in a great mood, despite its upbeat nature. Not really my genre either

Looper - Mondo 77' - 4/5
I like this song a lot more. It feels like something is missing and/or that it could be done better. Only critique.

Eiffel 65 - Move Your Body - 4.5/5
This is more like it. Compared to the last song, it feels much more complete. The upbeat nature suits the artists well. The ones who recorded blue IIRC

Gorillaz - Dare - 4/5
Sounds good, but it just sounds too much like clothing store music to me. Does not really up mood I find(if that is the theme of this mix exchange)

Ofdream - Ninth Gate - 4.5/5
Okay, really nice. I like the intro of the song the best. It's not really that engaging of a song and could fall into a similar category of clothing music of the last song :P

To be continued... 

waiting for my mix tape to be finished XDD

Archived