The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Game against Arizona most important game of the season!?

Watermelon

Tanking like champs!

as a side note: I watched the ducks spank the lames last night.  Flipping back and forth between the Canucks and the Ducks made me realize how far away this team is.  Ducks make 2 or 3 quick passes and the puck is in transition out of the zone.  D men actually win board battles and dont try and ring it out around the boards out of desperation.  Anaheims top line usually doesnt dump it in, and if they do they put it in a spot where they have a good chance of getting it back...unlike watching the Canucks line after line just hand over possession.  The other big thing is tape to tape passes from the D to the forwards on the fly, or the ability of the D to join in and create havoc from the point.  Big difference from watching Sbisa and Edler waffle waffle waffle. And as a bonus they pushed around the flames when the going got dirty.  

standings.JPG

Vancouver should be dressing the weakest roster they can, plain and simple. As bad as things are I don't think fans really appreciate how weak this group is. It is not just about the 1st Round pick it is about the 2nd and 3rd round as well.

40 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

It is the most important game of the season. And thats just really sad.

This game for us is our playoffs.....  huge game...

To ensure the tank do we put Chaput back with hank or Danny  or do we stick AHL er  Megna on the top line. 

So many options this year with our team to tank......  

So many coaching decsions.. so much drama.....   So excited to watch this game....

18 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Tanking like champs!

as a side note: I watched the ducks spank the lames last night.  Flipping back and forth between the Canucks and the Ducks made me realize how far away this team is.  Ducks make 2 or 3 quick passes and the puck is in transition out of the zone.  D men actually win board battles and dont try and ring it out around the boards out of desperation.  Anaheims top line usually doesnt dump it in, and if they do they put it in a spot where they have a good chance of getting it back...unlike watching the Canucks line after line just hand over possession.  The other big thing is tape to tape passes from the D to the forwards on the fly, or the ability of the D to join in and create havoc from the point.  Big difference from watching Sbisa and Edler waffle waffle waffle. And as a bonus they pushed around the flames when the going got dirty.  

standings.JPG

Ugghhh seriously

How is Colorado so frigging bad

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

This game for us is our playoffs.....  huge game...

To ensure the tank do we put Chaput back with hank or Danny  or do we stick AHL er  Megna on the top line. 

So many options this year with our team to tank......  

So many coaching decsions.. so much drama.....   So excited to watch this game....

Yup, it's the difference between finishing 2nd last or 4th last.  Trouble is, Alf will be cheering for our guys to win.  He just can't help it. :picard:

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ugghhh seriously

How is Colorado so frigging bad

Thats what I was thinking!  We have seen a really bad Canucks team on some nights, and on other nights a team that you know no matter how hard they compete they will probably lose...But Friggen Colorado is like 22points!! behind. how is that possible?  Even the London Knights could take them in a 7 game series I bet.

No it isn't. We can no longer catch Detroit, so this is how it breaks down:

As it stands today, we have a guaranteed top 8 and if we manage to drop to 29th, we're guaranteed a top 5. The odds for picking 1st only change by about 3%.

These are our the odds of getting a particular pick. We're most likely to get 5th or 6th, so really the debate now should be Necas vs. Tippet or drop down to get Cale Makar? 

Standing 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

30th
17.9 16.0 14.1 52.0                      

29th
12.1 11.8 11.3 34.0 30.7                    

Vegas
10.3 10.3 10.1 11.8 39.3 18.1                  

28th
10.3 10.3 10.1 2.1 22.8 34.6 9.7                

27th
8.5 8.7 8.8   7.2 33.0 28.7 5.2          

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Because of the NHL lottery draw I can't believe how overrated by the fans going down 1 spot in the standings is. It doesn't make a big difference so why hoping the Canucks to lose?

Last year our little sweep of California was the difference between us drafting Juolevi and Laine or Matthews.

Of course there's luck involved, it's a lottery. But you're being naive if you think it doesn't make a difference. It improves our chances of getting the better players.

Archived