CHAPUT-SUTTER-BOUCHER

SHORE-MOLINO-MEGNA

EDLER-STECHER

TANEV-SBISA

TRYAMKIN-HUTTON

MILLER

BACHMAN

LAST MEETING:

Remember my friends, the night is always darkest before the dawn. The end is in sight. Thank God.

• -SN- featured this topic
1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Oilers are in the playoffs and we are in 29th place....  The end of an era.

They were an absolute joke of a franchise for the last 10 years, four 1st overall picks in 6 years and now they have McDavid, it's just not right.  I love witnessing greatness and I always cheer for the legends but I will never be able to cheer for McDavid as long as he wears an Oilers uniform and it pisses me off. Same goes for Matthews and the Leafs, screw them all.  

The only hope I have is if I stay loyal to the Canucks we'll get our mcdavid/Mathews one day.

As I don't think one or two places make much difference - see last year's fiasco, I'm going for the win, if we hit the ice running.

So for me this could go two ways. A physical Oilers team tattoos our lightweight players into the boards OR we use our speed to go past them. (I know we don't have anyone with McDavids speed but the rest are not particularly fast)

Option one - The "A&E" option, we get banjoed 6-1

Option two - The "Hey look Ma, top of the World" option we win 4-2.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

As I don't think one or two places make much difference - see last year's fiasco, I'm going for the win, if we hit the ice running.

So for me this could go two ways. A physical Oilers team tattoos our lightweight players into the boards OR we use our speed to go past them. (I know we don't have anyone with McDavids speed but the rest are not particularly fast)

Option one - The "A&E" option, we get banjoed 6-1

Option two - The "Hey look Ma, top of the World" option we win 4-2.

The say we dropped to second last  I ran the lottery 10 times

We picked top 3 once. 

I too have a feeling this format bites us in the ass again. 

46 minutes ago, dura_mater said:

The Oilers have (almost) nothing to play for.  I smell a win for the Canucks coming up.

yeah not much haha...oh wait maybe there are a couple things:

1. 1st in the division sill up for grabs (though a bit of a longshot as Ducks hold fate there). What does this mean? A 1st round against a wild card team vs playing the 3rd place Sharks in Round 1
  2. if they stay is 2nd place in the division and get the Sharks then they are playing for home ice advantage against those Sharks. 1st playoff spot in 10 years and they have home ice advantage...again I would say its kinda worth fighting for haha

these are important things my friend and hardly "almost nothing" :blink:

Now depending on what happens with the other teams I can see Sunday as a "rest game" for the Coilers, but again that is their barn so they will be up for it and I wonder if we are playing Bachman in the last game of the year? Miller will start tonight as last home game of course.

Glass half empty: Canucks sweep coil this weekend, finish 27th, drop to 7/8 in draft

Glass half full: Canucks sweep coil this weekend, finish 27th, win lottery and pick 1st.

Drink responsibly my friends

1 hour ago, 19naslund19 said:

yeah not much haha...oh wait maybe there are a couple things:

1. 1st in the division sill up for grabs (though a bit of a longshot as Ducks hold fate there). What does this mean? A 1st round against a wild card team vs playing the 3rd place Sharks in Round 1
  2. if they stay is 2nd place in the division and get the Sharks then they are playing for home ice advantage against those Sharks. 1st playoff spot in 10 years and they have home ice advantage...again I would say its kinda worth fighting for haha

these are important things my friend and hardly "almost nothing" :blink:

Now depending on what happens with the other teams I can see Sunday as a "rest game" for the Coilers, but again that is their barn so they will be up for it and I wonder if we are playing Bachman in the last game of the year? Miller will start tonight as last home game of course.

I agree, Oilers want home ice and need another win...they also want to go into the playoffs on a winning streak. These games matter to them. I predict that the Oil will win both by playing the Canucks physical.

The odds say we don't get into the top 3 whether we are 29th or 27th.( It is a crap shoot) So I look at this as trying to move up from 8th to 5th. If all you think about is a top 3 pick then you may be disappointed. If we stay at 29th we have a guaranty of 5th and anything above that is a bonus.

7 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Oilers are in the playoffs and we are in 29th place....  The end of an era.

They were an absolute joke of a franchise for the last 10 years, four 1st overall picks in 6 years and now they have McDavid, it's just not right.  I love witnessing greatness and I always cheer for the legends but I will never be able to cheer for McDavid as long as he wears an Oilers uniform and it pisses me off. Same goes for Matthews and the Leafs, screw them all.  

Those guys will be the reason they will win the cup if they ever do. No Mcdavid = No cup.

• -SN- unfeatured this topic

Archived