The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - General Discussion

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Look at all those finalists we have had. There is a reputation to uphold :o

FWIW, the competition gets steeper every year. And there is a fair amount of luck that goes into it.

53 minutes ago, Ceres said:

FWIW, the competition gets steeper every year. And there is a fair amount of luck that goes into it.

It's a lot of it luck, if we're honest. There's basically a threshold of 'skill' you need to hit to advance and probably 50-60 players meet it, but only some of them will go through based on how their individual game shakes out.

E.g. 112 went to the Finals, but didn't actually get voted in by her peers in the qualifier (albeit barely) - the jury chose her as a wildcard instead. Heck, last year's winner, Beck, was the same story - didn't qualify, got a wildcard slot, ended up winning the whole thing.

It's best to go in just looking to have a good time against other top players. If you don't advance, it's not necessarily a comment on your ability. It's still huge amounts of fun to participate in and I recommend the experience.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kurisu said:

Nominating Kazmanian Devil, Armbar, and Effigy. Been really impressed with their efforts lately.

For real, I would want either you or AV to go if BJ can't.

• Cheers 3
7 hours ago, Ceres said:

Above is the invitation from Lissa for this year's Mafia Championships. Link to the actual thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25499-Season-7-General-Information?p=3814538#post3814538

We should begin establishing who gets to go. I think we can start with nominations and go from there. 

Nominate BJ

Or Milk and Honey - cheerios!