The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - General Discussion

Rate this topic

The Championship Game Has Begun!

Hi guys!

I'm a bit late with this because I've been busy, but your representative's Mafia Championship game has started and it's still Day 1: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/8686-Season-4-Game-6-Smurfs-The-Mafia-Championship

I wish them the best of luck.

Remember to please keep discussion of the game to private channels where the players wouldn't be able to see your comments on the game. 

Also, if you want to spectate the game along with people from other communities, you can join the Discord server here (500+ people): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg

In the past few days we've had a troll who keeps joining the server, so when you enter the server please tag and let the @staff know which community you are from and who you are cheering on and they'll give you access to the spectator channel :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

So I've had some spare time and have finally updated the records.

http://cdcmafia.wikia.com/wiki/Games

(By the way, if anyone is good at such a thing, can we edit the tables so that the cells aren't so wide and therefore we don't need to scroll horizontally? I've tried, but it keeps resetting. The 'Series 9' table isn't doing it for some reason, though.)

When the current game wraps up we will have 190 completed standard games. :) What's most amazing, I think, is that we're basically on a 4 year run of games (Jul 2013-present), with no more than a month's break here and there interrupting the flow.

I think as we approach #200 we should plan out in advance who's hosting, what sort of game it is, etc. And we should make a list of old players to try to lure back in time for it. But considering the average game turnaround time is around two weeks, we have a couple months before we reach that point. Just thinking in advance.

Wow thanks so much for doing that. So many good times.

I'm only slight salty that Zfetch beat my post count record by only 100 posts. :P

Yes the 200th game has got to be something epic. Coincidentally, I think a lot of the biggest games have taken place near the end of summer so that works out perfectly.

I think if we start planning beforehand and hype it up we can get a lot of the older players back. Maybe we could set up a doodle or something to figure out the best time once we get close enough?

• Like 1
Just now, Beluga Whale said:

Wow thanks so much for doing that. So many good times.

I'm only slight salty that Zfetch beat my post count record by only 100 posts. :P

Yes the 200th game has got to be something epic. Coincidentally, I think a lot of the biggest games have taken place near the end of summer so that works out perfectly.

I think if we start planning beforehand and hype it up we can get a lot of the older players back. Maybe we could set up a doodle or something to figure out the best time once we get close enough?

And I'm only slightly salty that Zodiac is no longer on top. ;) 

I was thinking maybe running two games concurrently - one role madness, one vanilla-ish. People can sign up for one or both and then there's no debate over which type to do, since both have their adherents.

Perhaps we need a 'planning committee' PM at some point?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

And I'm only slightly salty that Zodiac is no longer on top. ;) 

I was thinking maybe running two games concurrently - one role madness, one vanilla-ish. People can sign up for one or both and then there's no debate over which type to do, since both have their adherents.

Perhaps we need a 'planning committee' PM at some point?

I see where you're coming from with that idea but honestly I feel like they both would take away from each other and I'd rather have one great game than two good games. Of course everyone can weigh in here though.

If we did do only one game, and assuming we get 25+ players, I think it would have to be role-heavy with a lot of killing to keep it fun and interesting. 

I'm on board for a committee but only if I'm in charge of the food. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Also, can we all just take a second to appreciate JAY JAY for basically keeping Mafia going during some down times over the past 9 months or so.

Thank you MR, I am honoured by that acknowledgement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I see where you're coming from with that idea but honestly I feel like they both would take away from each other and I'd rather have one great game than two good games. Of course everyone can weigh in here though.

If we did do only one game, and assuming we get 25+ players, I think it would have to be role-heavy with a lot of killing to keep it fun and interesting. 

I'm on board for a committee but only if I'm in charge of the food. 

I'm not loyal to the idea, I just was trying to avoid a debate about what kind of game to run. ;) Role madness are best for 'big' games, though, I agree.

Food is yours if I get to call 'all in favour' every time we have a decision to make.

• Like 1

I hosted the largest game on CDC.

...What do I win?

I'll host that 200th game and break my own record fite me

Zodiac was overrated. And no I'm not salty about single-handedly destroying the TPs chances of winning in the second installment. What are you talking about.

• Like 1

Not so fun fact: I looked at the stats for the current Series 9 and the Town has a 30% win rate over 30 games lol. That means overall players are only winning approximately 40% of the time because they're town more often than mafia. Obviously the main culprit is inactivity and I think this was really exposed by removing PMing for a lot of these games.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Not so fun fact: I looked at the stats for the current Series 9 and the Town has a 30% win rate over 30 games lol. That means overall players are only winning approximately 40% of the time because they're town more often than mafia. Obviously the main culprit is inactivity and I think this was really exposed by removing PMing for a lot of these games.

Yeah, inactivity hurts the TP far more than the mafia.

Last time I checked (about 40 games ago) the TP/Mafia win rate was nearly 50/50. But I haven't updated it. (I discovered my ongoing count was off by one and couldn't be bothered to go back and recount. :P)

Edited by Master Radishes
  • Like 1