The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

10 Canucks could realistically hit 20 goals next season

*Buzzsaw*

Yes, this year the pucks haven't been going in... but next year...  things are definitely looking up.

Look at the list of players who could easily hit 20 goals:

Horvat  (has a lock on a 20+ goal season next year)

Baertschi  (going to get better with Horvat and Boeser)

Boeser  (4 goals in 8 games as a Rookie!)
Sutter  (playing with a bum wrist all year)

Daniel  (this year was not typical... can do much better with a stronger defense breaking the Sedins out of the zone)

Granlund  (at age 23, still improving, can beat 19 goals easily)

Eriksson  (this year was not typical, 20 goals easily within reach)

Boucher  (5 goals in 26 games this year, also only 23)

Goldobin  (a longshot, but really just scratching the surface of his potential now)

Rodin  (another longshot... but still possible)

------

I think Canuck's offensive potential is much greater than people realize...  by the way, I didn't include Jonathan Dahlen.  B)

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Another buzzsaw topic...surprised there is no poll this time!

Another cheapshot Westcoasting reply...  So what's your opinion Westcoasting???

Do these guys have a realistic shot at 20 goals or are you just blowing it out your....

11 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Yes, this year the pucks haven't been going in... but next year...  things are definitely looking up.

Daniel  (this year was not typical... can do much better with a stronger defense breaking the Sedins out of the zone)

Goldobin  (a longshot, but really just scratching the surface of his potential now)

------

I think Canuck's offensive potential is much greater than people realize...  by the way, I didn't include Jonathan Dahlen.  B)

Lots of potential for sure. For Rodin though, I'd say the odds are better that he's played his last NHL game. 

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

The Presidents Trophy winning Capitals have FIVE 20 players with more than 20 goals. The most offensive tean in the league  in the Penguins have 5. 

But yes Buzzfeed. The 29th place Canucks will have 10. 

Didn't say MORE...  Said 'Hit'...    Please re-read.

I personally do not expect any Canuck to hit 30 goals next year.... except maybe Boeser.  B)

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Didn't say MORE...  Said 'Hit'...    Please re-read.

I personally do not expect any Canuck to hit 30 goals next year.... except maybe Boeser.  B)

Pleas list the teams that have HIT ten 20 goal scorers this year B)

All 10 have decent shot of hitting 20 goals with what they've shown and produced this season. Rodin is having knee problems that have stunted his development in the NHL. He showed signs in the few games he played that he's a capable play maker and goal scorer. But I'd rather put Patrick/Hischier in your 10. We have a realistic shot of grabbing one of the two. Tippett is another kid that strikes my interest. Baer, Bo and Granny are all in for break out years next season considering how well they've done this year. Not to mention Jake also who can easily impress in training camp and make the team. He's a lock for 15-20 goals if he puts it altogether. The future is quite bright

As we build up a surplus of skilled, yet smaller fwds, a deal or two will need to be made. Jimbo has to work some magic.

Need a skilled PMD.

Also, another skilled fwd with some size & grit.

Signing Alzner & Kane(2017 & 2018 summers) would be nice, though.

I'll predict we have about 6 20 goal guys, next yr.

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

All 10 have decent shot of hitting 20 goals with what they've shown and produced this season. Rodin is having knee problems that have stunted his development in the NHL. He showed signs in the few games he played that he's a capable play maker and goal scorer. But I'd rather put Patrick/Hischier in your 10. We have a realistic shot of grabbing one of the two. Tippett is another kid that strikes my interest. Baer, Bo and Granny are all in for break out years next season considering how well they've done this year. Not to mention Jake also who can easily impress in training camp and make the team. He's a lock for 15-20 goals if he puts it altogether. The future is quite bright

Thank you for your note of good sense.

Any of these guys could easily hit 20 goals... some won't, due to injury etc.

But personally I think the Canuck's Team Goal totals are going to improve significantly next year.

19 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

------

horvat baertschi granlund have a very good chance of hitting 20+

Daniel? both the sedins have been on a very steady decline in recent years i doubt he'll hit 20 goals again..

Eriksson also based on the way he played the entire year i see nothing to suggest him scoring 20+ next year

and Boucher? if u factor in all the games he played with other teams this year.. he has 6 goals in like 38 games.. he hasn't really progressed production wise since he entered the league.. 

Rodin i'm sure will never play in a canucks uniform again.. 

not much to look up to when we are the worse Canadian team in the NHL.. and every one of those team have one or more bonafide NHL stars on their team when all we can boast is Bo who's absolutely awesome for us.. but that's not saying much about our teams talent level compared to just the other canadian teams alone.. 

20 goal scorers are greatly helped by feasting on the power play.

Power plays are greatly helped by defencemen who can bomb the puck on target.

Our defencemen are an impediment to the success of our forwards on the power play.

I see no more than 3 20 goal scorers next year.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

horvat baertschi granlund have a very good chance of hitting 20+

Daniel? both the sedins have been on a very steady decline in recent years i doubt he'll hit 20 goals again..

Eriksson also based on the way he played the entire year i see nothing to suggest him scoring 20+ next year

and Boucher? if u factor in all the games he played with other teams this year.. he has 6 goals in like 38 games.. he hasn't really progressed production wise since he entered the league.. 

Rodin i'm sure will never play in a canucks uniform again.. 

not much to look up to when we are the worse Canadian team in the NHL.. and every one of those team have one or more bonafide NHL stars on their team when all we can boast is Bo who's absolutely awesome for us.. but that's not saying much about our teams talent level compared to just the other canadian teams alone.. 

Daniel scored 28 goals last year... the year before that he had 20.

It's a multiplication factor... if Boeser becomes a legitimate scoring threat on the PP, the other teams will be focused on him, and Daniel gets more room.

Same with Eriksson, who typically has up and down years.

I think five players who hit or exceed 20 goals is realistic, with no one player scoring more than 30.

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

------

You lost me when I saw Sutter and Rodin on the list.  I count 4 players hitting 20 goals:  Horvat, Baertschi, Boeser, Granlund.  Possibly only 3.  I also see another top 5 pick next year which will be perfectly fine.

30 goal players:

Boeser - He will be on the top PP unit. 

Horvat - Bigger offensive role next season

20-25 goal players

Granlund - If he stays healthy he should easily make it to 20 goals again.

Beartschi - Will be playing with Boeser and Horvat. 

Eriksson - I think he will have a huge bounce back year.

Sedins - Last hoorah? they vowed to be better next season and i think they will be good in what could be their final year. 

15 goal players:

Goldobin - With (hopefully) a new coach that would give him a longer leash, i think he could be a solid player 

Virtanen - Same as Goldy. he could be a solid physical presence that could pop in 15 goals with a new coach.

Archived