The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Firing / Not Returning) Ruff In Dallas

I don't think he was fired per se.  They're just announcing that they won't be renewing Ruffs contract.  The Stars have played their 82nd game.  

Gives Ruff all the time possible to find a position for next year.

The GM, Jim Nill is the real culprit for their precipitous tumble in the standings imo

11 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Ruff gone in the Big D. Hitch probably taking over. 

Should we give him a try? But i don't think it is his fault because their goalies sucked this year.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lindy-ruff-will-not-return-stars-head-coach-next-season/

Heard Mackenzie say Willie D is heading to Dallas and Green is coming here about a week ago.

Just now, Alflives said:

Heard Mackenzie say Willie D is heading to Dallas and Green is coming here about a week ago.

That is fine by me.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Friedman said last night that Green's contract is up at the end of this season and he won't be in Utica next year.

And ya, the quote would be that Dallas would be interested IF Willie were available.

Ruff is 3 years younger than WIllie but looks like he's old enough to be Willie's uncle. 

I certainly like the experience and record. I don't follow Dallas at all... how much of their decline is coaching? 

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Friedman said last night that Green's contract is up at the end of this season and he won't be in Utica next year.

Looks like things are lining up for Green to come here, and Willie (unbelievably) gets another head job - Dallas

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think Mackenzie suggested as the Dallas head coach.  

I wonder how many people on CDC would now want to keep Willie because Dallas may want him :P

Who knows, old Wilbrod may get more out of that Dallas team than Ruff. @oldnews will never let me hear the end of it if he does :lol: Oh god, CBC will make it a feature.... we'd better hang on to Willie.... 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

I wonder how many people on CDC would now want to keep Willie because Dallas may want him :P

Who knows, old Wilbrod may get more out of that Dallas team than Ruff. @oldnews will never let me hear the end of it if he does :lol: Oh god, CBC will make it a feature.... we'd better hang on to Willie.... 

What if Travis Green grows a hefty stache?  

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

None, probably.

I think Desjardins would do a lot better in Dallas than he has here. Though, his system leans pretty heavily on Miller and Dallas doesn't exactly have good goaltending :unsure:

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

No to Green as head coach, and no to Ruff.

We need an experienced NHL coach that has had success coaching a younger team.

Marc Crawford is still the best candidate out there.

That's who you want, but who do you think our owner, JB, and TL will hire?  

Archived