The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] UFA signings+trades

Sign Brendan Smith- Right Defensemen that adds depth on the right side. 3year 3Mil?

Sign Hanzal or another C. Berglund?

Trade Tanev, Sutter and Hutton for Prospects+ picks

Tanev to Tampa

Drouin to Vancouver

Why? Clears up expansion trouble for both Tampa and Vancouver and also helps Tampa fit under the Cap. Honestly don't know if anyone would have to add.

Sutter+Hutton to Dallas

Dallas 1st2017+Niemi+Roope Hintz+2018 3rd to Vancouver

Why? Dallas doesn't need to rebuild but add a young D, forward depth and ditch a goalie plus sign a new one. Fleury or Bishop? Canucks get a backup goalie to give Demko another year, a centre prospect and two good picks. Dallas gets cap relief and players. Canucks get a brighter future.

Drouin-Bo-Goldy

Sedins-Granlund

Baer-UFA-Eriksson

Edler-Smith

Tryamkin-Stetcher

Juolevi-Gudbranson

Markstrom

Neimi

Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Tanev to Tampa

Drouin to Vancouver

Drouin got more goals and points than any Canuck player this season.  He is the same age as Horvat. 22.

Now ask yourself.  Would you trade Bo for a 27 year old defenseman Chris Tanev?

5 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Drouin got more goals and points than any Canuck player this season.  He is the same age as Horvat. 22.

Now ask yourself.  Would you trade Bo for a 27 year old defenseman Chris Tanev?

For the Canucks no but Tampa has a bunch of stud forwards but a poor D. So yes i think tampa would do it. Especially since what they need is a better backend.

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

For the Canucks no but Tampa has a bunch of stud forwards but a poor D. So yes i think tampa would do it. Especially since what they need is a better backend.

Drouin is possibly the best Tampa forward behind Kucherov.  No way the give him up for only Tanev. They'll want way more.  He is 22. He is gonna be amazing in a couple years.  Tanev is 27 and never plays a full season.

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

so you admit the value is not fair in the trade and you still think Tampa will trade with the Canucks while ignoring the opportunity to trade with 28 other NHL teams for equivalent value. Is that how to read your response? 

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

so you admit the value is not fair in the trade and you still think Tampa will trade with the Canucks while ignoring the opportunity to trade with 28 other NHL teams for equivalent value. Is that how to read your response? 

You have to deal talent to get talent. Tanev is one of if not the best shutdown D in the league. His stats in that regard are extremely impressive. I would trade Horvat for such a talented D if i knew others would be able to slide into that spot as well. Just look at the Hall deal. Right now Canucks have a lot of Defensemen who are on the team and pushing too be on the team. Teams deal from their strengths. Canucks is Defense and Tampas is offence. Thats why I could see Tampa dealing Drouin or a player like him. What do you think Tanev is worth if I might inquire?

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

thoughs trades make canucks forward group even softer that they are no thanks i want a mean scoring winger if we trade tanev 

*Those

The league is transitioning from big bangers to speed and skill. Guys like Virtanen who have speed may be good for the future but you can see more and more small players like Drouin and Gaudreau making impacts in this league.

I don't think Drouin is going to be in play for Tampa anymore. And I don't see Hanzal or Berglund as being much of a difference from Sutter since we'd have to pay them as much if not more than what Sutter's earning right now. You just know that somebody's going to give Hanzal an overbloated contract and we're not really in a position to be signing those types of deals yet.

I am in favour of trading Sutter though, depending on where we pick in the draft. If we get top two and a chance to pick Patrick/Hischier then I'm all for it.

7 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Drouin is possibly the best Tampa forward behind Kucherov.  No way the give him up for only Tanev. They'll want way more.  He is 22. He is gonna be amazing in a couple years.  Tanev is 27 and never plays a full season.

Did Stamkos die? As good as Kucherov is this is still Stamkos' team and they're going to lose at least one of their kids this summer. Tanev and CBJ's 2nd should do it. Hedman - Tanev would be one of the best pairings in the league. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Did Stamkos die? As good as Kucherov is this is still Stamkos' team and they're going to lose at least one of their kids this summer. Tanev and CBJ's 2nd should do it. Hedman - Tanev would be one of the best pairings in the league. 

If Stamkos can stay healthy sure but dude hasn't played in forever.

8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

*Those

The league is transitioning from big bangers to speed and skill. Guys like Virtanen who have speed may be good for the future but you can see more and more small players like Drouin and Gaudreau making impacts in this league.

i disagree ones of these days gaudreau will get hit mid ice and be scott stevened  only a matter of time 

3 hours ago, Pears said:

I'm glad someone said it. 

I find it funny that people here project their desire for Drouin as being Tampa wants him out - those two things are mutually exclusive people

Tanev and a 2nd or Tanev alone will NOT get Drouin lol

22 years old

53 points

Elite potential

Tampa is not desperate like Edmonton was to shore up their back end - Using Hall / Larson as a comp is overvaluing defensive depth for teams

They'll figure out a way to keep their forward core together. Teams always do.

I suggested a deal for Raddysh in another thread and would love to see an attempt to get him. Tanev could be a pivotal piece in that deal but the adds would be tough. We need the pieces they'd want.

35 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

They'll figure out a way to keep their forward core together. Teams always do.

I suggested a deal for Raddysh in another thread and would love to see an attempt to get him. Tanev could be a pivotal piece in that deal but the adds would be tough. We need the pieces they'd want.

I'd like either Raddysh or Cirelli if we're looking at their prospects. I think awhile ago I suggested something like Tanev for Raddysh or Cirelli and a 1st. I think we'd have to take Callahan back to make the cap work but we could then flip him to a team who needs to get to the cap floor. 

5 hours ago, Boeser6 said:

I find it funny that people here project their desire for Drouin as being Tampa wants him out - those two things are mutually exclusive people

Tanev and a 2nd or Tanev alone will NOT get Drouin lol

22 years old

53 points

Elite potential

Tampa is not desperate like Edmonton was to shore up their back end - Using Hall / Larson as a comp is overvaluing defensive depth for teams

JB would NOT want Drouin.  Sure he has skill, but he's a head case, who wants to ONLY play one way - his way. 

Archived