The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manhunt On For Man Who Broadcast Himself Murdering An Elderly Man Earlier Today On Facebook Live

SabreFan1

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

He'll be eligible for the death penalty under #7 and if he really has killed multiple times like he has claimed to, he'll also be eligible under #5.

Does not matter if he is eligible for the death penalty or even if he gets it.   He is more likely to die in prison than get executed.  Thanks to the anti- capital punishment lobby and the liberal justice system.

Just now, DonLever said:

Does not matter if he is eligible for the death penalty or even if he gets it.   He is more likely to die in prison than get executed.  Thanks to the anti- capital punishment lobby and the liberal justice system.

If convicted and sentenced, he'll spend 10 years or so in trial and appeals, but unless he gets a commuted sentence along the way he's young enough that he will eventually see his execution day.

30 minutes ago, DonLever said:

personally i'd prefer someone like this rot in jail and suffer for decades, vs. a quick death, that seems too easy for psycho's like this. 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

personally i'd prefer someone like this rot in jail and suffer for decades, vs. a quick death, that seems too easy for psycho's like this.

It's also more cost effective.  Life in prison is much cheaper than the cost of executing someone.

Most people's answer to that is to kill them quicker.  Problem is that they regularly jail and execute people in this country who years later are found to have actually been innocent.

This guy in Ohio is pretty scr*wed though and could very well prove to be the exception since his appeals will be burned through quite quickly.  He actually broadcasted his murder live over the internet.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

How can they not find this guy when he gives out his number for people to call him and he is using Facebook live? Phones have GPS this is a joke right that they can't find him?

The people of the Midwest aren't known for their intelligence, but they will find him sooner rather than later.  His face is being plastered all over the internet.

25 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The people of the Midwest aren't known for their intelligence, but they will find him sooner rather than later.  His face is being plastered all over the internet.

Yes eventually they will find him, but I just don't get with technology and tracking phones why this is taking so long to find him, doesn't make sense actually.

Facebook has said the killing wasn't live and that he uploaded it to Facebook, but did use Facebook live after. Not sure if you've watched the video, but I realized when and after he did the killing he was in the driver seat on the left side of the car, but when he is talking in the car he is in the right side of the car which would be the passenger seat....

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yes eventually they will find him, but I just don't get with technology and tracking phones why this is taking so long to find him, doesn't make sense actually.

Facebook has said the killing wasn't live and that he uploaded it to Facebook, but did use Facebook live after. Not sure if you've watched the video, but I realized when and after he did the killing he was in the driver seat on the left side of the car, but when he is talking in the car he is in the right side of the car which would be the passenger seat....

I just re-watched it now and can't tell if it was live or a recording.  I've never broadcasted over Facebook before so I only have what's being reported to go on.

1 hour ago, Toni Zamboni said:

that was really disturbing....that poor innocent elderly gentleman just gunned down in the street in broad daylight?

we live in a sick and cruel world sometimes,

RIP, prayers for his family.

have you seen the clip of these 2 guys in like russia, beat this dude's head in with a hammer, while he was still alive. cause i totally didn't :x

Disgusting video, you look back at the mans life all he's accomplished only for it to end while he was possibly walking home with groceries only to have his life ended by a &^@#ing idiot crying over a girl? I hope they find him and he is subjected to harsh torture, don't even kill the guy... Make his life so unbearable that he won't want to live it.

7 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

As long as it's your money paying for his existence. 

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

You don't remember the guy riding the bus in Manitoba, who sawed off another passenger's head, and the began to eat it?  Now the guy is completely free, has a changed name, and could be your neighbour.  It's not just America that has troubles.  Maybe our justice system is too liberal in their sentencing?  

You didn't understand what context means.

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

You didn't understand what context means.

considering you described the USA in a condescending way (Merica) I interpreted the context of your comment to include our being superior to them.  Thus, contextually, the comparison of our tragic events to theirs is certainly (more than) relevant, don't you think?

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

considering you described the USA in a condescending way (Merica) I interpreted the context of your comment to include our being superior to them.  Thus, contextually, the comparison of our tragic events to theirs is certainly (more than) relevant, don't you think?

but c'mon Alf, don't we feel just a little superior :P ? when it comes to hockey anyway, they are playing our game after all .

I like what Mike Myers said about Canada, that no country tries harder to 'get it right'. I like that about us. 

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

but c'mon Alf, don't we feel just a little superior :P ? when it comes to hockey anyway, they are playing our game after all .

I like what Mike Myers said about Canada, that no country tries harder to 'get it right'. I like that about us. 

Of course we're better than them.  That's a given; even the 299 Americans who know where Canada is on a map would agree with that. :lol:

Archived