The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hischier being compared to Bure. What do you think?

Hortankin

His play style is a mix between Bure and Zetterberg but I think it's a little more Zetterberg than Bure. If any of you remember, Zetterberg used to be a great skater. Hischier is kind of like a faster Zetterberg which bodes well for any team that picks him (hopefully us). 

Edit: Basically I'm just saying that he's more of a playmaker. Hischier can go through the gears just like Bure but his hands aren't near Bure's level, that's just my opinion though. 

Yes my Italian friend is correct. We had a thread about this already and the person who created the video is a CDC poster. He was saying how Bure could have played centre and I debated him on that if you read the thread. I believe Keenan played Bure at centre for a few games due to injury but I never saw him as a centre. Also I agree he is probably more Zetterberg than Bure which is fine by me as Zetterberg was a great player and a pure centre. 

In my opinion Hischier is the best player in this draft and hopefully we get the lucky bounces and win the lottery. Virtanen  Hischier  Goldobin  could be a dynamic line with lots of great skating, hitting and scoring. 

6 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

LOL, that video is hosted on Weatherwise's youtube channel. 

The same weatherwise who's a CDC member and whose already created this same thread.

Welcome to the new CDC...they may as well take the search function and toss it in the G-Bin. I got warning points 'cause I was "abusive" to a "gentleman" who likewise was repeatedly too lazy to search.

6 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Welcome to the new CDC...they may as well take the search function and toss it in the G-Bin. I got warning points 'cause I was "abusive" to a "gentleman" who likewise was repeatedly too lazy to search.

Meh. Generally redundant threads only bug me when someone posts hockey news 10 minutes after Vintage Canuck already has. I don't see the point in flipping out over rehashes of six month old threads.

5 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Yes my Italian friend is correct. We had a thread about this already and the person who created the video is a CDC poster. He was saying how Bure could have played centre and I debated him on that if you read the thread. I believe Keenan played Bure at centre for a few games due to injury but I never saw him as a centre. Also I agree he is probably more Zetterberg than Bure which is fine by me as Zetterberg was a great player and a pure centre. 

In my opinion Hischier is the best player in this draft and hopefully we get the lucky bounces and win the lottery. Virtanen  Hischier  Goldobin  could be a dynamic line with lots of great skating, hitting and scoring. 

I watched Bure play almost every game and he was used correctly on the wing given that he would cherry pick or circle the blue line in his own zone waiting for a breakout pass while his teammates got the puck back.  He didn't help his D much which often lead to a goal.  On the flip side the other team had to keep back a bit to cover Bure in case he did get the pass he was always waiting for to skate the puck into the other offensive zone.  

I don't think we will ever see a player quite like him again.  His acceleration and top speed attacks where at times mind boggling.

How many times did we see him skate full speed toward the net, take the shot and then drop to the ice sideways and crash into the boards. Seemed like he got or made a partial or full breakaway every game...

It's amazing he played as long as he did given the sacrifices he made with his all out attacks.   Just awesome to watch.

I think I read here Hischier compared to an Ottawa first overall pick from a couple decades ago. B)  Seriously Bure was a generational talent.  Hischier would be a nice player to have, but he's no where near Bure - very VERY few are.  

2 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

I think it's unfair to compare players to other players (I am guilty of doing it) style wise is fine but ceiling isn't fair.

I think Hischier will be Hischier.... whatever that ceiling is but most likey he'll be a top line player.

Tbh I always assumed comparing was style and not related to ceiling.

I watched him once on the Mooseheads this year, and while he wasn't having the best game (not his fault, the whole team wasn't playing great and they got whipped), what caught my attention is that the coach deployed him in a lot of defensive faceoffs. Which tells me that not only the coach trusts him defensively, but that he also has good faceoff capabilities. From what I recall, while his skating was good, and he scored a breakaway goal, it's definitely not even remotely close to McDavid or Bure. That said, I watched him a while back so he might have improved dramatically since then, but I doubt it.

That's just what I saw. That said, I would be ecstatic to get him in the draft.

55 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Do you mean you were quoting forum rules and name calling? Barely one step above people who reply just to correct grammar or spelling?

Not sure why you would want to advertise that.

Archived