The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - Pike's Place Market Murder [MAFIA WIN!] - New Game Sign up in Progress

T-rex930

Hot-Take: I'm poops

Gg MR. That was a really strong game. I did not expect that much bussing from you but obviously you timed it right and made sure you were in a good position every round. 

tried to find things to go after you for this round but there was nothing. Jeez.

Thanks for hosting, T-rex!

There was a lot of luck involved.

-That 'accuracy' was unintentional. I meant to leave JJ alone, and J23 too if I could, but I generally play my scum game so that I call out anything I find legitimately a bit off, and both had something at that time, so I mentioned it in just in passing and had no intention of pursuing it.

-The DC vote was also unintentional, and you can blame JJ far more for it. ;) I voted him, sure, but didn't expect it to take off as it did. JJ is the one who pushed it along, and then BW later as well. I would've switched off if I felt I could.

-A few others made themselves suspicious enough to keep the attention off me.

-Getting stuck in a final round with a newbie was a stroke of luck. Sorry diesel. :) Also getting stuck with BW, who actually uses his brain to reason things out. Several others would've voted for me just because it was me.

A few things that were done on purpose:

-I was telling J23 to play up his newbie attitude. The first couple bandwagon votes were his; the rest of the game I asked him to keep doing it, since it was clear he was doomed at some point, and it would keep the attention off me and make me look good. I actually felt I might have waffled too much on him early on, which could have looked bad.

-The kills. Yep. We chose most of our kills based on the fact it would confuse the TP. (TL and Mau5 we also suspected could be Vig/SK, although as I said I figured out it was BW quickly after that.) And it worked damn well, better than I expected. :lol:

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

Hot-Take: I'm poops

Gg MR. That was a really strong game. I did not expect that much bussing from you but obviously you timed it right and made sure you were in a good position every round. 

tried to find things to go after you for this round but there was nothing. Jeez.

I'm not going to gloat like you fear. As I just posted, there was quite a lot of luck. The most I can take credit for is the choice of kills and holding my nerve in the final rounds.

4 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

-That 'accuracy' was unintentional. I meant to leave JJ alone, and J23 too if I could, but I generally play my scum game so that I call out anything I find legitimately a bit off, and both had something at that time, so I mentioned it in just in passing and had no intention of pursuing it.

-The DC vote was also unintentional, and you can blame JJ far more for it. ;) I voted him, sure, but didn't expect it to take off as it did. JJ is the one who pushed it along, and then BW later as well. I would've switched off if I felt I could.

-Getting stuck in a final round with a newbie was a stroke of luck. Sorry diesel. :) Also getting stuck with BW, who actually uses his brain to reason things out. Several others would've voted for me just because it was me.

A few things that were done on purpose:

-I was telling J23 to play up his newbie attitude. The first couple bandwagon votes were his; the rest of the game I asked him to keep doing it, since it was clear he was doomed at some point, and it would keep the attention off me and make me look good. I actually felt I might have waffled too much on him early on, which could have looked bad.

-The kills. Yep. We chose most of our kills based on the fact it would confuse the TP. (TL and Mau5 we also suspected could be Vig/SK, although as I said I figured out it was BW quickly after that.) And it worked damn well, better than I expected. :lol:

If I had saved myself or you had killed BW last round, you guys would have been so screwed.

Tbh, kinda surprised BW did not consider you. Not only did he think you might have been mafia literally 24h before, but Diesel was extremely active doing nothing to better his stance if he were mafia while you were just emoticoning your way through the round.

1 hour ago, T-rex930 said:

Just so everyone knows. I don't fudge or alter the teams in any way. I legitimately randomize the teams using excel. This is how I've always done it when hosting in the past and I think its the most fair regardless of how many noobs there are on a team. I want to have as little interference with the game as possible!

I knew it, don't worry. Way back in the stone age, when you gave up hosting for awhile, I took over, and you sent me your Excel doc that randomised everything automatically.:lol:

1 minute ago, Zfetch said:

If I had saved myself or you had killed BW last round, you guys would have been so screwed.

Tbh, kinda surprised BW did not consider you. Not only did he think you might have been mafia literally 24h before, but Diesel was extremely active doing nothing to better his stance if he were mafia while you were just emoticoning your way through the round.

I figured we could've taken you out a round earlier even, as I counted on you to selflessly protect the Vig over yourself.

Also, not going to lie, I liked the idea of a final round showdown between me and BW.

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I figured we could've taken you out a round earlier even, as I counted on you to selflessly protect the Vig over yourself.

Also, not going to lie, I liked the idea of a final round showdown between me and BW.

The round before that I changed my mind and saved myself :P

BW failed in that last round imo for not even considering the other option -- being you.

Now we know. MR > BW :lol:

10 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

- AV going for my lynch and lacking decent evidence and town support rather than trusting his instinct that he would survive and using his s-kill.

Updated for truth :) 

Although I honestly thought J-23 was TWTBW this game.

Archived