The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

O'Reilly out at Fox

UnkNuk

He's a good guy, just a good guy.  The best.  

He instead praised Fox News and one of its host, Bill O’Reilly, despite reports this week that the longtime conservative news commentator had settled five lawsuits filed by women alleging sexual assault or inappropriate behavior. Trump quickly came to O’Reilly’s defense, calling into question his decision.

“He’s a person I know well — he is a good person,” Trump said. “He shouldn’t have settled; personally I think he shouldn’t have settled.”

Added Trump: “Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.”

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

He's a good guy, just a good guy.  The best.  

He instead praised Fox News and one of its host, Bill O’Reilly, despite reports this week that the longtime conservative news commentator had settled five lawsuits filed by women alleging sexual assault or inappropriate behavior. Trump quickly came to O’Reilly’s defense, calling into question his decision.

“He’s a person I know well — he is a good person,” Trump said. “He shouldn’t have settled; personally I think he shouldn’t have settled.”

Added Trump: “Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.”

Trump is right. Settling allegations implies they have some validity, even if it's cheaper to settle than to litigate.

Whether Trump thinks Bill is innocent or not is merely opinion.

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

Trump is right. Settling allegations implies they have some validity, even if it's cheaper to settle than to litigate.

When FOX itself decides you're too much of a liability....

10 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

I would argue there's a difference between thinking someone is innocent and thinking someone didn't do anything wrong.

5 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I would argue there's a difference between thinking someone is innocent and thinking someone didn't do anything wrong.

I would love to read your explanation of the difference. Obviously Trump is referring specifically to the allegations.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

What is wrong with fox? They are the biggest news station aren't that?

they are not news ..  they are a propaganda pusher in a cheap disguise ..   just like msnbc is for the other side ..  

Today is a good day for the facts 

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

I would love to read your explanation of the difference. Obviously Trump is referring specifically to the allegations.

No problem!

Thinking someone is innocent: "I don't think Bill O'Reilly sexually harassed anyone."

Thinking someone didn't do anything wrong: "So what? He shouldn't have settled."

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

No problem!

Thinking someone is innocent: "I don't think Bill O'Reilly sexually harassed anyone."

Thinking someone didn't do anything wrong: "So what? He shouldn't have settled."

I don't think you can extrapolate the second conclusion from Trump's words. If you have ever been accused of anything in your life, and you choose to settle instead of fighting to clear your name,  your reputation takes a hit. Trump is not insinuating that Bill O'Reilly DID in fact do what was alleged, but 'it wasn't wrong' . The only way challenging accusations in a court is fruitful is if you are confident of your innocence. O'Reilly could be guilty for all I know. Trump's not gonna know that though.

Archived