The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Don Henderson suing Dennis Wideman

jono2009

Maybe that moron who was responsible for reducing Wideman's suspension can kick in some too ;)

Wideman didn't suffer enough from this, but 10M seems steep.  I suppose that gives room to bargain out of court, though.

35 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm not saying Henderson did or didn't suffer all of those but that is a hell of a laundry list of injuries.

I mean, neither of us know, but don't forget. He was hit unaware from behind by a hockey player's cross-check to the upper back/lower neck into the boards all while not wearing any protection outside of a helmet and he's currently 49. Not 29. He's going to get paid, and he was definitely injured severely.

Just now, Aircool said:

I mean, neither of us know, but don't forget. He was hit unaware from behind by a hockey player's cross-check to the upper back/lower neck into the boards all while not wearing any protection outside of a helmet and he's currently 49. Not 29. He's going to get paid, and he was definitely injured severely.

All very valid points. Again, I'm not saying he didn't receive each and everyone of those injuries. I was just taken back by how much, if his lawyers claims are true, that hit messed him up.

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Maybe that moron who was responsible for reducing Wideman's suspension can kick in some too ;)

Wideman didn't suffer enough from this, but 10M seems steep.  I suppose that gives room to bargain out of court, though.

Good point.  That suspension reduction left a bad taste in my mouth.  My first reaction was: Wow that's a lot of money to be asking for!  How could he possibly justify that?  But upon further review, I think that he deserves his day in court and we should let the judge figure it out.  GCG!

5 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Good point.  That suspension reduction left a bad taste in my mouth.  My first reaction was: Wow that's a lot of money to be asking for!  How could he possibly justify that?  But upon further review, I think that he deserves his day in court and we should let the judge figure it out.  GCG!

I doubt it makes it to court, but I agree with your sentiment.  I see no reason a few million won't change hands here though.  Wideman is all kinds of wrong here.

Intentional or night that was a LIGHT PUSH. Happens 20 times a game. He is milking it for every possible penny. Disgusting. 

Should he be paid? Yes. But that list of "issues" and the amount seeking is a joke. 

Archived