The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Detroit

Detroit is in a world of hurt with salary cap issues, old players signed way to long for way to much. Do we help out with what cap room we have available to pick up an extra asset or 2?

Let say LVGN does not take Howard

Howard and Vili Saarijarvi for one of Vancouver's 2nd's, thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Detroit is in a world of hurt with salary cap issues, old players signed way to long for way to much. Do we help out with what cap room we have available to pick up an extra asset or 2?

Let say LVGN does not take Howard

Howard and Vili Saarijarvi for one of Vancouver's 2nd's, thoughts?

They're too old, but you want to take one of their teenagers from them in order to lose a little cap. :blink:

Yup, it's a CDC proposal.....

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

They're too old, but you want to take one of their teenagers from them in order to lose a little cap. :blink:

Yup, it's a CDC proposal.....

The proposal is for the purpose of discussion, something like what Carolina did with Teravainen/Bickell (2nd & 3rd), or Arizona did with Florida Bolland/Crouse (2nd & cond. 3rd)

Both teams picked up a fantastic prospect and aging vet for 2 picks that may or may not turn out for cap dump reasons... But I guess it's CDC so I shouldn't expect someone to understand the idea, not like we will be in contention before Howards contract is up... 

Just now, Sedinery33 said:

The proposal is for the purpose of discussion, something like what Carolina did with Teravainen/Bickell (2nd & 3rd), or Arizona did with Florida Bolland/Crouse (2nd & cond. 3rd)

Both teams picked up a fantastic prospect and aging vet for 2 picks that may or may not turn out for cap dump reasons... But I guess it's CDC so I shouldn't expect someone to understand the idea, not like we will be in contention before Howards contract is up... 

You want to trade a 2nd for a 19 year old prospect and a goalie who had a .927 save % last year.  That leaves Detroit an even older team than it already is and all that they are left with goalie-wise is a guy who had a .901 save percentage.

You made a very stupid proposal with zero chance of happening that didn't take in Detroit's side of the trade and you considered it as helping them.  Own the ridiculous thread and let it die in shame.

You know someone knows they made a silly proposal when they use this excuse,

The proposal is for the purpose of discussion.

At best, you're throwing feces on a wall and expecting/hoping that the rest of CDC does your thinking for you and fixes it.

Archived