The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin O'Leary drops out of Conservative leadership race, will endorse Maxime Bernier

nuckin_futz

Kevin O'Leary drops out of Conservative leadership race, will endorse Maxime Bernier

Former Dragon's Den TV star believes he cannot defeated Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in next election

Kevin O'Leary is dropping out of the Conservative leadership race and will endorse Maxime Bernier.

The businessman and reality TV star is ending his campaign only hours before the last leadership debate in Toronto, and two days before party members can start casting their ballots.

O'Leary is confident he could win the Conservative race, but now believes he cannot defeat Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in the next election.

He has cited his failure to gain traction in Quebec and his poor French-language skills as reasons for dropping out of the leadership race.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kevin-oleary-drops-out-endorses-bernier-1.4086583

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

7 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Well it was kinda fun while it lasted, but it seemed obvious his momentum was not even close to Trump's

Voter anger with the establishment isn't nearly as high up here.. yet.

O'leary is a clown. When he ran down the military he cooked himself. Back to America with that clown.

Too funny, there's his level of commitment to Canada for you :lol:

I'm thrilled tho, he had the best chance to win the next election, Bernier has no chance to win a federal majority. Raitt might, but not Maxi. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Too funny, there's his level of commitment to Canada for you :lol:

I'm thrilled tho, he had the best chance to win the next election, Bernier has no chance to win a federal majority. Raitt might, but not Maxi. 

He had the best chance:lol:

I like your crystal ball also but unfortunately for you considering you claimed O'Leary would win and has the best chance to be p.m your statement about next election doesn't make sense.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I like Bernier but these recent ties to separatist are a major problem. Erin O'toole is likely the best guy. Former air force Veteran and lawyer.

Given the quick glance I took at his platform, I could probably support him.

Bernier reminds me of this guy. He'll play CPC leader for a bit, pronounce federalism as a failure and go join the PQ separatist movement just like Bouchard did, and rip the CPC in 1/2. And it should, when Harper and his trained monkey MacKay sold out the old PC party it become something too extreme under Harper. Time to take back the conservative middle ground and shed the extremes. 

bouchard-documentary-20140820.jpg

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Bernier reminds me of this guy. He'll play CPC leader for a bit, pronounce federalism as a failure and go join the PQ separatist movement just like Bouchard did, and rip the CPC in 1/2. And it should, when Harper and his trained monkey MacKay sold out the old PC party it become something too extreme under Harper. Time to take back the conservative middle ground and shed the extremes. 

Reminds me of an old joke.

Q: What has one leg and lies on your TV?

A: Lucien Bouchard

24 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Politics eh..

People like O'Leary who have no political experience are unfit for office as we see down South.    Some say Trudeau and Obama don't have the qualifications to be leader because of their inexperience but at they were elected as MP and Senator for at least 1 term, so they know the ropes.

The person in France, Macron, also have no political experience, same as OLeary and Trump.  I bet he will be a disaster.

As for Bernier, he is the best choice for the Conservatives because he is from Quebec.   Quebec is the battleground for the next election because the election will be lost or won there.   Latest polls show Liberal support in Ontario has slipped a little but Liberal support in Quebec is rising.   Mainly due to the collapse in NDP support in Quebec.

The NDP vote next time will likely go to the Liberals, thus assuring them of another majority.

5 minutes ago, DonLever said:

People like O'Leary who have no political experience are unfit for office as we see down South.    Some say Trudeau and Obama don't have the qualifications to be leader because of their inexperience but at they were elected as MP and Senator for at least 1 term, so they know the ropes.

The person in France, Macron, also have no political experience, same as OLeary and Trump.  I bet he will be a disaster.

As for Bernier, he is the best choice for the Conservatives because he is from Quebec.   Quebec is the battleground for the next election because the election will be lost or won there.   Latest polls show Liberal support in Ontario has slipped a little but Liberal support in Quebec is rising.   Mainly due to the collapse in NDP support in Quebec.

The NDP vote next time will likely go to the Liberals, thus assuring them of another majority.

Where did you come up with this?

Liberal support slides to lowest levels since 2015 election

The party has taken a hit in the polls in every region of the country, boosting both the Conservatives and New Democrats as a result. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4005495

Archived