The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Portland Food Truck Wars [Townies Win!!!] - Sign Up in Progress

T-rex930

On 4/29/2017 at 3:57 AM, Master Radishes said:

I don't have the energy to go back and respond specifically to various posts that merit a response. Summary:

Re: BW's plan - I mean, it's not a bad one, but why can't the Sheriff just contact their investigation and build an alliance from there? Let the Mafia sweat it out a bit, wondering what's going on behind the scenes, rather than trying to force an alliance out in the open. I don't think this necessarily says anything about BW's intentions, but I don't think it's a necessary course of action to take.

Early reads: JJ is acting more carefree, suggesting TP to me. Stamkos is ringing a few alarm bells for me, though. He's hedging his bets in his posts. Everyone else so far is fairly neutral still.

On 4/29/2017 at 4:04 AM, Master Radishes said:

As BW pointed out, this is a classic scum line. It's like he's apologising to the TP for not already solving the game. Mafia don't like risking assertivenes.

Also, the JJ read is an easy one. JJ always looks like Mafia. But the comparison to last game doesn't work for me - last game JJ was holding back from posting too much, whereas now he's going nuts with it.

Mafia like big 'buts' and they cannot lie. Or rather, they cannot stick to one position. This post can basically be summarised as 'hmm, not a bad plan, but also it might be a bad plan, but still maybe not a bad plan.' Needs some maple syrup for all that waffling he's doing.

Sarcasm directed at Armbar for posting an emoji as a reply. I can easily see a mafia faking outrage at another player for not trying harder to scumhunt in early R1.

Vote Stamkos

Not the first to pressure Stamkos but he basically drops on an anvil on him.

21 hours ago, Time Lord said:

Stamkos always makes suspicious posts that lack confidence even as TP. It looks like people just piled on him. I know it's possible that the bandwagon was all TP, but I doubt the mafia are bussing because they could just push the vote to JL instead unless they're both mafia

19 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I've liked BJ's posts thus far.

If BW was the one who pointed out the Stammer's opening post sounded like he was apologizing for not solving the game yet, then I would say he also looks very solid this match.  The Frozen meme is the cherry on top.  As of now, I'd say Stamkos is a good lynch target.

Where are numbers and Mau5?

Despite his low quantity of posts, I'd say TL has put forth a quality post regarding the Stamkos lynch.

Mau5 isn't playing apparently. 

Everything in blue contradicts itself. The TL quote is the one AV was referring to I'm pretty sure. He clearly disagrees with it by saying Stamkos is the best lynch, but says it's a quality post?

15 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

what do you think about DM, the guy never talks when hes mafia

N16 hasn't done a whole lot at this moment but I don't think he'd do this to a teammate.

11 hours ago, J-23 said:

Armbar has been quiet..

Not really.

11 hours ago, J-23 said:

My Scum List:

1. Alain Vigneault
2. DarthMelvin
3. Zfetch
4. Beluga Whale
5. diesel_3
6. Armbar
7. Blue Jay 22
8. Stamkos
9. J-23
10. Master Radishes
11. Time Lord
12. JAY JAY

13. DoughtysCheck

14. numb3r 16

15. JohnLocke

16. ilduce69

Mafia

Suspicious

Town

Not sure

Stamkos earlier posts make him look as if he is Mafia, and he has dipped ever since he has been accused of being one.  Armbar looks like Mafia to me, he has been really quiet, the other game we played he was way more active, and he was a TP. Also, I think Armbar and AV were trying to bus a teammate in Stamkos. If Stamkos is Mafia then so is AV. AV is trying to act like Stamkos is Maifa (Jumping on the bandwagon) therefore it would like he isn't Mafia. He knows Stamkos is taking a lot of heat, and it's better now to bus a teammate.

@J-23 Couple questions

What makes DC and Duce town? What made BW suspicious at the time?

11 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Since we are doing lists:

1. Alain Vigneault
2. DarthMelvin
3. Zfetch
4. Beluga Whale
5. diesel_3
6. Armbar
7. Blue Jay 22
8. Stamkos
9. J-23
10. Master Radishes
11. Time Lord
12. JAY JAY

13. DoughtysCheck

14. numb3r 16

15. JohnLocke

16. ilduce69

Red: Strong Mafia suspicion

Orange: Bad Vibrations

Black: No opinion formed yet

Fruit Cake: TB claimer

Dark Green: Good Vibrations

Green: TP colony members club

Fruit Cake: TB claimer

Lot of neutral but whatever. Why was I suspicious to you at this time?

11 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Wassup can't a guy go out on a Saturday night with getting flack from people and his wife lol. I was only gone 12 hours from home. 

From reading the past 9 pages all 3 - TL Stammer and j23 could all be mafia. They seem to point at each other then back off.

Vote Stamkos

Only post from DM pretty much. Does he slip more than 1 teammate in to his scum list? I feel like he doesn't so it's a weak TP points for the other 2.

10 hours ago, Time Lord said:

I find it easier to believe that he's telling the truth. If he's lying, it means he made a TMI post about JJ for no reason and drew attention to himself. I know he's new but how can anyone not tell that it's a suspicious post to make?

Kind of skipped over this last night but I have to agree.

10 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

The regime doesn't have a lot to add to the pool of early suspicious characters. 

This is flimsier than the vote being unvoted, however, so:

Vote Zfetch

I feel like as Mafia, Duce wouldn't show up late and leave this vote. It makes him such a sore thumb when he can easily join the Stamkos or J23 votes.

It's also possible that he thought nightfall was tomorrow (as a few people did), so this hardly clears him.

6 hours ago, Armbar said:

Stamkos or J-23 are both fine lynches anyway.

I'm noticing Zfetch is using his classic strategy of voting for people who have 0 chance of getting lynched in the current round. TP imo

imo I got Zfetch killed with my bulletproof read here. I'm too good for my own good.

BJ was very reluctant to attack Stamkos. He was consistent about it. It's suspicious for opposing a lynched Mafia, but not suspicious for drawing quite a bit of attention.

So he could just be playing aggressively but I feel he's probably TP.

1 hour ago, diesel_3 said:

There might have been a misunderstanding of the start day? I thought night 1 was tonight, that's why i hadn't thrown a vote out yet.

I'm home tonight and can finally use my computer to go back through pages.

Same goes for me, I thought night 1 was tonight..

2 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

There might have been a misunderstanding of the start day? I thought night 1 was tonight, that's why i hadn't thrown a vote out yet.

Do you have any thoughts to present so far? The vote misunderstanding is understandable, but the game had been going on for a little bit. 

@Armbar reason for the suspicion was because I thought you were disengaged with the J-23/Stamkos situation when it arose, though I did see that you added thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Give a reason, at least. Don't just do it because Armbar says to.

He did.

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

Stamkos earlier posts make him look as if he is Mafia, and he has dipped ever since he has been accused of being one.  Armbar looks like Mafia to me, he has been really quiet, the other game we played he was way more active, and he was a TP. Also, I think Armbar and AV were trying to bus a teammate in Stamkos. If Stamkos is Mafia then so is AV. AV is trying to act like Stamkos is Maifa (Jumping on the bandwagon) therefore it would like he isn't Mafia. He knows Stamkos is taking a lot of heat, and it's better now to bus a teammate.

9 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don't think J23 should be taken off the radar of suspicion. However, Armbar is right about AV's vote being contradictory.

Vote AV

But then again, J23 is now coming hard after AV and that was before Armbar's long post.

Might need to reassess that one. Hmm...

I thought Armbar was being over-confident in his suspicion of AV. Then I went back and read through the first round.

More on AV:

On 2017-04-29 at 4:15 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

I like BW's plan.

If twinblade gets into discussion with the sheriff and the sheriff hits a mafia with an investigation, the twinblade will be able to successfully play out their role.

On 2017-04-29 at 4:16 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

This, however, is a good point about the BW plan.

These posts were one right after the other. First one reads like a mafia trying to sound agreeable. Then he immediately hops on the fence. The other person who sat on the fence about BW's plan? Stamkos.

19 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Vote Stamkos

Don't really believe J23 is a better option than Stamkos.  

The Stamkos wagon only had three votes at this point, and several hours had gone by. However, the deadline was approaching and the only counterwagon (JL) was ruined by JL's claim. Stamkos was fairly doomed, so it was a perfect time for mafia to bus.

And the very next vote for Stamkos:

14 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Wassup can't a guy go out on a Saturday night with getting flack from people and his wife lol. I was only gone 12 hours from home. 

From reading the past 9 pages all 3 - TL Stammer and j23 could all be mafia. They seem to point at each other then back off.

Vote Stamkos

Also worth noting AV considered Stamkos a 'good lynch' several hours before actually finally voting for him. Waiting to see if there was a chance to avoid bussing? Perhaps.

On a different note, I'm not really feeling the J23 suspicion. He's doing much better than last game. Depends on the AV flip, I guess - if AV is scum I don't see J23 being so too.

6 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Could've sworn I read night one was Monday. 

Gg DPS plz

4 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

The regime adjusts his tin foil hat and suggests:

perhaps there was a misunderstanding in the mafia PM about nightfall? 

Archived