The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - NJD

NO...just no

In such a weak draft NO

We might get the best player in the draft at 5th very easily by all accounts.

Maybe Tanev nets us pick 9-21 + (+) after the ED

Why the hell would we pay so much just to move up a few measly spots....we can get quality AND quantity, but giving so much to move up so little.  No

Interesting proposition. Would give VAN a very skilled future #1-2C, plus an extra high 2nd rounder, but...

...losing Tanev on the right side would leave a gap. They'd have Gudbranson and Stecher there, but after that it's risky (Subban and Biega). They also lost Tryamkin, so I'm not sure they'll be trading any D. In fact, they could very well draft another D at #5, a RHD (Liljegren or Makar).

11 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

I'd do it. 

It would certainly help our tank in 2018.

Ill keep the pick unless it is packaged for a young proven Centre otherwise I think the first 3 picks are not much better then 5t I'll take  Liljegren or  midlestat and hold onto Tanev Maybe flip him and Sutter, for JP  RNH. A deal that Benefits both sides and is fair value. Yes, it makes the oil that much better, but it also gives us two top 6 young kids who can grow with our core. JP may have been a high pick last year, but with the way the oil are playing, I don't see him cracking the top 6 anytime soon. RNH is being wasted on the 3rd line. Sutter is a perfect fit for them. He is from Red deer so I don't see why he wouldn't to play near home on a team that is trending upwards. Just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd do it. 

Hischier would look damn good in a Canuck uniform.

not me. Stick with 5 and trade Tanev for what I mentioned above. or package the pick and grab a proven player, either way, moving up to grab a guy who would have gone 6th last year isn't worth Tanev. And I still can;t believe the love for tkchuck The guy is garbage. sorry but secondary assists only look good on D I honestly believe Jake will be A much better player in the long run. Without being dirty and relying on his teammates to rack up garbage assists.. 13 goals playing top 6 mins and pp time all year and people think he would go first overall? madness I tell ya madness. Cdc has gone crazy

I think there's a good player going to be available at 5 that we can use (preferably Glass), so I'm happy keeping the pick. 

On another note, maybe NJ could be a team that may be willing to deal for Tryamkin's rights. Maybe an American team may be more to his liking.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:38 AM, bp79 said:

not me. Stick with 5 and trade Tanev for what I mentioned above. or package the pick and grab a proven player, either way, moving up to grab a guy who would have gone 6th last year isn't worth Tanev. And I still can;t believe the love for tkchuck The guy is garbage. sorry but secondary assists only look good on D I honestly believe Jake will be A much better player in the long run. Without being dirty and relying on his teammates to rack up garbage assists.. 13 goals playing top 6 mins and pp time all year and people think he would go first overall? madness I tell ya madness. Cdc has gone crazy

Huh? 48 points in a rookie season is impressive however you want to spin it. To say he is garbage is absolutely nutters. He ended up 5'th in scoring on the flames. I will provide a link below. Type in Tkachuk's name and it actually shows you how many primary assists a player gets in a year and how many secondary assist they get. Tkachuk got 25 primary assist and 10 secondary, making you so far off it is humorous
http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=0&gameType=2&report=skaterscoring&pos=S&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20162017&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=pointsPer60Minutes

On 4/30/2017 at 0:10 PM, Adarsh Sant said:

I'd do it. 

It would certainly help our tank in 2018.

I'd like to see this team start getting better at some time, not worse. 

If we could trade Tanev for a 10-20th overall pick and score a decent defenceman like Liljegren or Makar as well as a center like Glass/Mittelstatd/Vilardi, we'll be sorted for the future.

Is Hirschier > Mittelstatd + Liljegren though? 

Archived