The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MY DRAFT RANKINGS #3-#10

Glass stands out to me. He has tremendous talent but is a bit on the lean side and is one of the lighter players in the top grouping but he will fill out and when he does look out. a 6 foot 2, 200+ pound centre with excellent skill is exactly what this team needs to compliment Horvat.

7 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Glass stands out to me. He has tremendous talent but is a bit on the lean side and is one of the lighter players in the top grouping but he will fill out and when he does look out. a 6 foot 2, 200+ pound centre with excellent skill is exactly what this team needs to compliment Horvat.

Have you seen Glass play.  He plays with a big heart and has excellent wheels but to say he has excellent skill is a bit much.  His hands are not top line quality. 

If the Canucks want sheer skill, too end type skill... they better look elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Portland Coach Mike Johnson compared Glass to another Winterhawk Ryan Johansen

C-3X_X5WAAAM58t.jpg

Very interesting post. Thanks for that but lets also remember... Ryan hasn't lived up to no.1 line material has he. Look at his nhl stats. 

Also to note, Glass has way a far a better supporting cast of linemates. Its night and day and the majority of goals, if you've watched Glass play, are tap in goals. Don't get me wrong... glass get in the right areas to score but he aint the play maker Mittelstadt is!

40 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

Very interesting post. Thanks for that but lets also remember... Ryan hasn't lived up to no.1 line material has he. Look at his nhl stats. 

Also to note, Glass has way a far a better supporting cast of linemates. Its night and day and the majority of goals, if you've watched Glass play, are tap in goals. Don't get me wrong... glass get in the right areas to score but he aint the play maker Mittelstadt is!

Johansen is a #1...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 4:58 PM, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

1. Hischier

2. Patrick

3. Vilardi

4. Glass

5. Pettersson (Canucks)

6. Mittelstadt

7. Liljgren

8. Makar

Pettersson would be an interesting pick and along with Necas, he's the dark horse. Necas is the real wild card of the first round and could end up being the next Pastrnak-type player if he carries his elite skill to the big league.

I see Vilardi, Mittelstatd and Glass in the same breath and it'll be hard to differentiate those 3 unless you're a really talented scout to be honest. Lets just hope JB picks the right guy this time because the last time we had a 1-in-4 shot we picked the wrong guy (Virtanen out of Nylander, Ehlers and Ritchie). For me Glass might be a bit skinny now and is a bit too much of a goal-scorer, we need a true playmaker. Mittelstatld oozes playmaking ability but so does Vilardi and having two big centers down the middle is tempting, especially when we have acquired so many skinnier smaller wingers.

I think the 3rd overall pick will get traded to a real bottom-feeding team who will want a center so Vilardi or Mittelstatd will go at #4, then #4 is up or anyone. Could be Heiskanen, Makar or (doubtfully) Liljegren. Then at #5 the Canucks should get a decent center yet.

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/should-the-canucks-draft-timothy-liljegren-1.20153896

So Bulis likes Liljegren.  The argument is basically, Liljegren was ranked in the top 2 a year ago and some called him the most skilled player in the draft.  He had a case of mono and never got on track this season.  The question is then, how much can you blame his illness on his fall from grace?  On the one hand, skill is skill.  On the other hand, how did he respond to adversity?  Given that a players development is never in a straight line, was he an early bloomer or could he find earlier form?

I'm not advocating for Liljegren.  I just want to know what people think.  Is this guy totally flying under the radar?  Or just a huge risk?  Having 2 top D in the system would be an awesome base to build a team on.  Especially since there is no #1 centre available 

Edit:  I see what he's doing.....pitching a different guy every day.  Today, it's Glass.  I still find the Liljegren argument more compelling.

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/should-the-canucks-draft-cody-glass-1.20156689

Archived