The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Comic Collectors/ Comic Collection

J-23

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't collect comics, but i have boxes of 60's, 70's, and 80's Sports Illustrated.  It's cool looking back at some of the old covers.  

Nice I just recently acquired some Breakaway Canucks Mags, flipped through a few of em, and noticed many people such as Benning, Smyl, Snepts, Garrett etc.

I went to Bellingham yesterday, and got to go to a few  comic shops. Here is what I picked up: (Sorry for glare on the images)

1ph1tm.jpg

Captain Marvel Story Book #4: 

I picked up this Golden Age Beauty from 1949 at the first shop I went to. This is the final issue of this small series. I'm a big Marvel Family guys, recently been going for Master Comics, as I'm a big Captain Marvel Jr. fan. Also, want some Mary Marvel books, as those covers are stunning.

1ph20q.jpg

House of Secrets 67

2nd Eclipso, I'm a big fan of the House of Mystery and House of Secrets covers, I also love the stories, there different, which is why I also love Marvel pre hero.

1ph1h4.jpg

Howard The Duck 3 (30 Cent Variant):

This isn't your average Howard the Duck 3, this is the 30 cent variant which is tough to find and goes from more than the regular 25 cent cover. So, when I was at the comic shop, I saw this in the glass case this book lying there, and immediately I knew it was a 30 cent variant. The book had no price on it, I asked the guys working there the price of the book, and they looked like they didn't realize the 30 cent variant, because they just went on Ebay and gave it to me for a 25 cent cover price, which was $2.99. I jumped on it, because this book can go for $20-50 since it's the 30 cent variant. 

I also picked up some dollar pin books, X-MEN 176, Cloak and Dagger/ Jack of Hearts Mini Series 1-4.

I know a lot of comic book fans are also artists themselves.  

Are there any really good artist/cartoonists in this thread?

I am helping a really good friend and his band produce an album.  

They have some ideas for the album cover, and we need to hire someone to do it.      

Anybody here good for the job?

Anyone want a Nam Vol. 1? I thought it would be so big. :lol:

Have a few comics tucked away in a box in sleeves from the 90s. No idea if any are worth anything.

I have a signed Todd MacFarlane Spider-Man and the Killing Joke...can't remember what else.

35 minutes ago, theminister said:

Anyone want a Nam Vol. 1? I thought it would be so big. :lol:

Have a few comics tucked away in a box in sleeves from the 90s. No idea if any are worth anything.

I have a signed Todd MacFarlane Spider-Man and the Killing Joke...can't remember what else.

Nam is still a cool series to have! Killing Joke has become popular recently, and it can go for quite a bit if it's a first printing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Vancouver Comic Show tomorrow not 100% sure I'm going but if I do I want to see if can acquire some Golden Age books nothing big like Detective, Batman, some smaller Golden Age books like that Crime Detective I showed earlier.

On 2017-06-17 at 6:08 PM, J-23 said:

Vancouver Comic Show tomorrow not 100% sure I'm going but if I do I want to see if can acquire some Golden Age books nothing big like Detective, Batman, some smaller Golden Age books like that Crime Detective I showed earlier.

Damn, I spaced out and forgot about it.

Did anybody end up going and pick up some goodies?

3 hours ago, taipan said:

Damn, I spaced out and forgot about it.

Did anybody end up going and pick up some goodies?

Got Supergirl 1 from her 1st series in '72. Was otherwise afraid to spend any money on anything else besides dollar bin stuff (which is fun to collect and read.)

31 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Got Supergirl 1 from her 1st series in '72. Was otherwise afraid to spend any money on anything else besides dollar bin stuff (which is fun to collect and read.)

Congrats on the Supergirl 1, that books been heating up!

I have a number of the comics shown here, but not too many of the really expensive ones. 

I have managed to collect a certain amount of odd titles, such as "Herbie".

herbie_house_ad_64-10.jpg

regards,  G.

• 4 weeks later...

New Comic Haul coming tomorrow. I picked up a couple Golden Age books and more. Also I saw some really cool dividers but I can't find them anywhere online, but I will get into it more tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Recent Haul:

1wgv3v.jpg

Adventure Into Mystery 5:

I want to get more into Atlas stuff like this, Marvel Tales, Uncanny Tales..

1wgv6h.jpg

Captain America 104: 

Really nice copy, probably 8.0, but it does have some tanning to it.

1wgv8b.jpg

Captain America 104:

Another really nice copy. Kirby art is the best!

1wgvax.jpg

Unknown Worlds 51:

The artwork in this was really nice, love series like these.

1wgvcm.jpg

Feature Comics 110:

Missed out on some Doll Man books, but got this! This one doesn't fit in any of my Mylars, got to get a bigger sizes for some of my extra large golden age books and need some Magazine size ones for my Canuck Mags.

Looking for some pre code horror stuff right now, and some Dennis The Menace from his first series. Got a solid run of that going right now! Also, looking into getting some exciting Comics, the Black Terror Schomburg covers are amazing.

EDIT:  I've been doubling up on boards for most of my big books, one board just isn't enough.

Archived