The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Two Recently Fired GMs Walk Into A Bar

SabreFan1

I figured CDC might get a kick out of seeing the 2 worlds of the NFL and NHL colliding.

Newly fired Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills GMs in a bar together....  Doug Whaley usually has a goofy look on his face, but in this picture he looks hammered talking to Tim Murray.

whaley.jpg

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/02/doug-whaley-tim-murray-apparently-tuesday-get-together/

To be a fly on this wall.

Pictured above is Doug Whaley and Tim Murray, the recently fired general managers of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres, sitting at the bar of downtown restaurant Osteria 166. The website Deadspin originally published the image, which was sent to them from a commenter, Mitch Mirsky, who also provided it to The Buffalo News.

14 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

LOL. 

Still surprised Murray got fired though. He performed a masterful bit of tanking and was now turning things around.

He had a few screw-ups that sank him.  He's was a rookie GM who made rookie GM mistakes.  The Pegulas just finally lost patience with both of their teams and fired both head coaches and both GMs.

Just now, Tre Mac said:

They were ripping into the Pegulas on NFL network the other day and rightfully so. 

Their free pass as new pro sports team owners is over...  They've had the Sabres for 6 years and the Bills for almost 3 years.  Now they have to get the right people in place or they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Whaley was left over from the Wilson-era of ownership.  Rex Ryan however was their mistake.

6 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Their free pass as new pro sports team owners is over...  They've had the Sabres for 6 years and the Bills for almost 3 years.  Now they have to get the right people in place or they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Whaley was left over from the Wilson-era of ownership.  Rex Ryan however was their mistake.

Who took this picture, and why?  My goodness!  Where is the concept of common decency these days, where one feels it's  alright to take photos of people, without permission?  I actually find whomever to take this photo to be a disgusting little weasel, without scruples.

38 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

LOL. 

Still surprised Murray got fired though. He performed a masterful bit of tanking and was now turning things around.

Owner Eichel was not in the mood.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Who took this picture, and why?  My goodness!  Where is the concept of common decency these days, where one feels it's  alright to take photos of people, without permission?  I actually find whomever to take this photo to be a disgusting little weasel, without scruples.

I'm surprised Murray is still in town to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Also...   It was this guy who snapped the photo.  Have at him and tell him you'll eat his cat!

https://twitter.com/MitchMirsky

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm surprised Murray is still in town to be honest.

Maybe he likes it there though?  Maybe that's home now for him?  It's way better than living in Toronto!  :lol:  Surprised how young the Bill's ex-GM looks.  

5 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

lol....it looks like the plate on the bar is in front of the guy in the blue shirt and the lady with the fork is eating her cell phone. :)

perspective, its a wonderful thing.

Who the hell holds a fork like that?

Archived