The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign D Andrey Pedan [1 year deal]

Well expecting the worst An hoping for the best Pedan.

I truly am skeptical now about his potential an upside , because of his past season performance An lack of consistency.

i hope he can turn it up An contribute, I just hate for JB to be throwing picks away because he misjudged a player An took a chance on them . I would prefer we now draft an stock cupboard from North America draft picks an not give them away ,moving forward.

I am excited about Pedan getting a chance with a new coach..New coach Green knows what Pedan will bring to the Canucks this year..

Pedan, 23 yrs old, 6'5, 220,lbs, great speed, toughness that we need, Coach Green will bring Pedan into the line up and work with him to become a regular 5th or 6th guy..

Very excited to have some toughness in a lineup thats very soft..Pedan 6'5, Gudbranson 6'5, Camarosa 6'0, 200lbs, we could use a few more guys that can play aggressive....

A do-or-die chance for Pedan. I really hope this kid gets a chance, or maybe better put; makes and impact and gets a chance. He probably thought he'd get a chance with the big club this season, and maybe that played into him having an inconsistent year in Utica. Not a good reason, but might be a factor. Now he just needs to have a strong summer and come into camp at 110%. On a team like ours, I feel everyone has a shot at making it after what we went through during the past two years. Nobody has a secure spot on our d in my opinion, and shouldn't.

On 5/4/2017 at 1:12 PM, gurn said:

Iirc Green had a lot of players given a game or two off, not just Pedan.

Yes, Green would rotate players (we saw it earlier in the year with Subban) but he actually gave Pedan all three games of a Fri-Sun weekend off iirc. In the very least he was given more games off at the tail end of the year than when he was playing better earlier on.

I think Green would have had lots of discussions with Benning about Pedan before he was signed again May 3,

Contract is 750,000 NHL----- 200,000 AHL salary... Pedan will not clear waivers if Canucks try and send him to the minors..

Some team will grab him..

On 5/8/2017 at 5:09 AM, wildcam said:

I think Green would have had lots of discussions with Benning about Pedan before he was signed again May 3,

Contract is 750,000 NHL----- 200,000 AHL salary... Pedan will not clear waivers if Canucks try and send him to the minors..

He cleared waivers last season.

On 5/7/2017 at 8:09 PM, wildcam said:

Don't be so sure about that.

13 hours ago, mll said:

He cleared waivers last season.

Yup, after many of us said he wouldn't pass through waivers the previous year. His play dropped a little through the season last year so he's not looking as strong. Someone could take a flyer on him, but plenty of players pass through waivers each year - and if he's sent down while teams are still figuring out their rosters then he could easily clear.

Archived