The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Tryout) Canucks invite Adam Brubacher to Development camp

Wasn't exactly sure where this should go. Figured here was as good a place as any.

21 year old defenseman. 6 foot 4", 205 lbs

Put up 6 goals and 17 assists for 23 points in 37 games in rookie year with RIT (Roshester Inst. of Tech.)

Named Atlantic Hockey Conference Rookie of the year. 

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/05/03/report-canucks-invite-adam-brubacher-to-development-camp/

http://www.ritathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=11703

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

But no Reid Gardiner....The guy is/was a stud for Kelowna in clutch goal scoring in the regular season and playoffs.

Reid grew up doors down from me in Humboldt... He is a good hockey player with great shot and vision. However, he is not the best skater. Very heavy on his feet. Been the same way since bantam aa.

He was projected to be a second round pick in his draft year at the December draft rankings (only because he was playing alongside Draisaitl in Prince Albert), however he ended up not getting drafted because of his skating ability.

He is finding some success in Kewlona, however I think that his potential tops out at a 2nd line AHL player. 

2 hours ago, Nessnuck27 said:

Reid grew up doors down from me in Humboldt... He is a good hockey player with great shot and vision. However, he is not the best skater. Very heavy on his feet. Been the same way since bantam aa.

He was projected to be a second round pick in his draft year at the December draft rankings (only because he was playing alongside Draisaitl in Prince Albert), however he ended up not getting drafted because of his skating ability.

He is finding some success in Kewlona, however I think that his potential tops out at a 2nd line AHL player. 

I watched him closely this playoffs he is as clutch as they get 

He's free.  Utica needs players like him.  And you never know how far dedication will take a kid

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I watched him closely this playoffs he is as clutch as they get 

He's free.  Utica needs players like him.  And you never know how far dedication will take a kid

True. You never know. Worth a shot if he is still available. 

I do recall he also signed a contract with with Penguins AHL team in October 2016... does this mean that Pittsburgh has his rights??

Anyone know how he did at Canucks summer camp last year? i know he attended.

1 hour ago, Nessnuck27 said:

I do recall he also signed a contract with with Penguins AHL team in October 2016... does this mean that Pittsburgh has his rights??

Nope. That was an AHL only contract, which doesn't lock up NHL rights. 

Plus that AHL contract ended with a mutual release in January:

NOTE:  Prior to the game, the [Wilkes-Barre/Scranton] Penguins announced that they and Reid Gardiner had mutually agreed to release the rookie forward.  He will report to the Western Hockey League for the second half of the season.

http://www.wbspenguins.com/tag/reid-gardiner/

Archived