The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: California Dreaming [Mafia Win!!]

T-rex930

Mafia: Arizona Iced Tea Debacle 

1.  Alain "Don't Give Him TP Leadership" Vigneault
  2.  Beluga "Should Have Been Here To Clean Up AV's Mess" Whale
  3. Master "Hey let's all remember two games ago instead of this one" Radishes
  4. Darth "The Marvelous" Melvin - While you hate me cuz you ain't me. Just know there is MORE where that came from. ;)

GG Trex thanks for hosting. :)

Can I get an invite to the DPS please.

Yall are dumb as a sack of potatoes. 

If you looked literally just one post up you would've seen Armbars post about masking the sheriff by all claiming in the thread. Common practice. That's what I was doing...

Should've saved myself r2 :/

Just a note to MR and everyone else:

NEVER EVER EVER have the town post investigation results for cover for the sheriff.

This makes it so the mafia can find out who is not the sheriff really easily.

If I say I investigated MR and he was town but he is mafia then they know for sure I am not the sheriff.

In a game where there is no PMing the sheriff is basically there to stay alive long enough to solve the game. If the mafia can know that 3 or 4 townies are NOT the sheriff because of their bogus first round investigations, this helps narrow down the kills for the mafia.

I actually thought MR was mafia reading the first round of this game because of his suggestion for the town to give cover like that.

38 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

In a game where there is no PMing the sheriff is basically there to stay alive long enough to solve the game. If the mafia can know that 3 or 4 townies are NOT the sheriff because of their bogus first round investigations, this helps narrow down the kills for the mafia.

I tried... jeeezzzz. Didn't even make it out of round 1 !

1 hour ago, Aladeen said:

NEVER EVER EVER have the town post investigation results for cover for the sheriff.

If I say I investigated MR and he was town but he is mafia then they know for sure I am not the sheriff.

I actually thought MR was mafia reading the first round of this game because of his suggestion for the town to give cover like that.

I respectfully disagree with the all caps 'never ever ever'. There are certain game formats where the risk is worth it, imo. This was not one of them, and I regretted suggesting it once I posted. In fact, in a later post I dismissed the idea.

You're right, of course, that it helps the mafia eliminate candidates. But it doesn't give it away completely, and the reward is likely worth it. Again, though, the conditions of the game would need to be different.

2 hours ago, HashtagNucks said:

Stupid sheriff role without PMing :P

I investigated MR and not so subtly tried to show that I trusted him..

I was planning on coming out after the nightfall I died :/

I'm in also

I did think to myself that it was odd how quickly you supported me. You always find me suspicious. :lol:

1 hour ago, Zfetch said:

Yall are dumb as a sack of potatoes. 

If you looked literally just one post up you would've seen Armbars post about masking the sheriff by all claiming in the thread. Common practice. That's what I was doing...

Should've saved myself r2 :/

The 'masking' only works if everyone does it, though. I assumed that's what you were doing up until you were revealed to be a special. In retrospect it looked reasonable to toy with the idea of you being Sheriff.

Thanks for hosting, T-rex

4. Darth "The Marvelous" Melvin - While you hate me cuz you ain't me. Just know there is MORE where that came from. ;)
  5. Hashtag "The # symbol is overrated" Nucks
  6. Z "Sheriff" fetch
  7. Blue "Call me by my initials please" Jay 22
  8. Time "I can't think something good to put here" Lord

5 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Hard disagree. Yes the fake investigations help narrow down the sheriff hunt BUT the benefits to the town outweigh the negatives imo. If the sheriff dies without being able to reveal results then a tremendous amount of information is lost. Also, the mafia kills can help clear TPs if they are hunting the sheriff. Ofc this all depends on the game having no PMs and having the full roles revealed upon death. 

4 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

I respectfully disagree with the all caps 'never ever ever'. There are certain game formats where the risk is worth it, imo. This was not one of them, and I regretted suggesting it once I posted. In fact, in a later post I dismissed the idea.

You're right, of course, that it helps the mafia eliminate candidates. But it doesn't give it away completely, and the reward is likely worth it. Again, though, the conditions of the game would need to be different.

True. I've played in several games on MU where it was always the optimal play to have fake peeks. That said, the entire town really needs to be on board and understand how it works. In other words it's not happening on CDC. :P

4. Darth "The Marvelous" Melvin - While you hate me cuz you ain't me. Just know there is MORE where that came from. ;)
  6. Z "Sheriff" fetch
  9. Arm "Make me TP thanks" Bar

6. Z "Sheriff" fetch
  9. Arm "Make me TP thanks" Bar
  10. Stam "First out"Kos

Archived