The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hit of the year by Alexander Edler

Goat James

9 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Wait. What?  He hit someone?

Twice! Scroll down on the first page. Someone else posted a video of him taking some poor Russian's head off behind the net. Looked like a raffi special lol

I'm gonna watch them play Germany right now and see wtf is going on with this elite Swedish superstar we have on our hands haha

Cmon this is europe no? Do they even hit there? Look at the freeze frame in that video...dude is watching himself stick handle the puck at the blue line of all places. NHL players aren't that stupid, that's why you don't see Edler doing this much or anyone for that matter. lol the guy doesn't even see Edler two feet away...

Hmm maybe he was afraid of getting cut from the national team.

Needs to assert his worth, early on.

2018-19 is his contract year. I'm expecting big things from him that year. Even if he doesn't remain on the Canucks, he needs to put his best foot forward no matter where he goes.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, -AJ- said:

Hit of the year might be overselling it just a tad.

It was a good, clean, hard hit; something Edler should do more often.

Look up all of edler's injuries and especially his back, I've had 2 back injuries and your not the same..  plus his other's.... HOWEVER!  The guy still has a howitzer slap shot when he lets it go but needs to be on a proper PP line so he can have a few shots on set plays to make one in the net and use that to make up for the lost physicality he once had before being injured a few years back. 

Be realistic ok..  then your not going to be let down...  it happens as a nux fan ALOT lol  been a fan since 1974 and only the names of changed, no cup unless you can count the Vancouver millionaires before that but Edler is simply not and won't be the Edler of old when he leveled guys...  just the way it is... 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Edler has a great tournament and that there is a ton of scouts watching. Then it would be nice if he would ok a trade this offseason so we can get another first round pick. I would like to see Benning have some foresight and move both Tanev and Edler for prospects and picks.

34 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I hope Edler has a great tournament and that there is a ton of scouts watching. Then it would be nice if he would ok a trade this offseason so we can get another first round pick. I would like to see Benning have some foresight and move both Tanev and Edler for prospects and picks.

I don't know man. Trading one of them already puts us in bad shape. Trading both make the D as bad as the Oilers after they had traded Jeff Petry. Just look at what playing on that blue line did to Justin Schultz. That could be Stecher or Hutton, losing all confidence because they keep getting exposed due to lack of experience. We need some competent D to shelter our younger guys.

Edler threw down some heavy hits this past season. I guess the hate blinders were on for most fans.

I despise the Edler hatred because I know what it's like to have to suck it up and go again when you're still trying to get your wind back. Edler does that game in and game out. Expecting him to be effective against the Leages best  every shift is ridiculous. More to the point, we need guys who can push their physical limits like him. That's what we see in the Playoffs as attrition pushes players to their limits. Instead we get fans who cry on behalf of out of shape players and insist they shouldn't be held to the same defensive standards as the rest of the team.

Broken stick: really freaking annoying; Find that sweet spot and/or get a different brand of stick.

Blocked shots: Frustrating to see; quicker release and some movement prior to the shot might help.

That doesn't negate all the plays in between that are taken for granted.

3 hours ago, Toews said:

I don't know man. Trading one of them already puts us in bad shape. Trading both make the D as bad as the Oilers after they had traded Jeff Petry. Just look at what playing on that blue line did to Justin Schultz. That could be Stecher or Hutton, losing all confidence because they keep getting exposed due to lack of experience. We need some competent D to shelter our younger guys.

We didn't have Guddy  much last year.  Add Guddy and then we will keep Sbisa. Sign a lower cost ufa who is older even if it is for two years.. We need to accumulate as many pieces as possible. Moving both Tanev and Edler should land some decent assets.

If we keep them both then we might lose Sbisa. At the very least we need to move one of them.

Sbisa , Guddy , Stecher , Hutton , Juolevi , McEneny , Subban , Pedan

Draft Glass and Makar in the first.

Sign a veteran D man. Someone with some grit and size.

Archived