The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] off season moves

I know these are mostly unrealistic but..

To Van:

Cam Fowler

To Ana:

2017 1st rd

To Van: 

2017 2nd OA

A Mac

To Philly:

Chris tanev

Van 2nd rd+ CBJ 2nd rd

To Van:

Tomas Tatar

To Det:

A. Edler(50% retained)

2018 2nd or 3rd

+ E. Kane via 2018 Free agency

- a Mac for draft picks

- Baer for picks/prospects

2018-19 lineup

J. Dahlen-NP/NH-Boeser

E. Kane-Borvat-Tatar

Virtanen-Granlund-loui/goldy

Molina/Dorsett-Gaunce-Crammerosa

Fowler-stecher

Juolevi-gudbranson

Hutton-subban/brisebois? 

Something involving fowler"could" work... something for the 2nd OA and Tatar "could" work...I don't think any CDC ers are going to create a proposal that is 100% fair value in the eyes of any GM in the league. Simply just throwing out names of guys I think would help our rebuild and would be close to prime when our youngsters are ready to be every day NHLers. I'm aware this example is overused but if I proposed taylor hall for Adam Larson you would have said it wasn't realistic... what do we know really...I'm just armchair gming

20 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

Something involving fowler"could" work... something for the 2nd OA and Tatar "could" work...I don't think any CDC ers are going to create a proposal that is 100% fair value in the eyes of any GM in the league. Simply just throwing out names of guys I think would help our rebuild and would be close to prime when our youngsters are ready to be every day NHLers. I'm aware this example is overused but if I proposed taylor hall for Adam Larson you would have said it wasn't realistic... what do we know really...I'm just armchair gming

Your proposal isnt unrealistic because theyre bad trades but because they dont make sense for the teams involved

1. We are rebuilding so no to any vets getting traded for or signed

2.Huge overpayment in philly trade

3. Fowler/Kane/Tatar dont make sense for us to acquire, especially if we are trading guys like tanev anyways

Not trolling or arguing but I personally think that having a team of 22 year olds all growing together until the get in their prime is not as good of a recipe for success as it would be to have a 30 year old fowler and Tatar on the team when boeser, juolevi, borvat, and stecher all hit their prime at 24,25 or 26 years old.

21 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

Not trolling or arguing but I personally think that having a team of 22 year olds all growing together until the get in their prime is not as good of a recipe for success as it would be to have a 30 year old fowler and Tatar on the team when boeser, juolevi, borvat, and stecher all hit their prime at 24,25 or 26 years old.

Agreed,  If all your players are around the same age, I think you suffer from boom and bust cycles.  I think that ownership wants a team like Detroit, San Jose, NYR and others who are almost always making the playoffs and challenging for cups.  For that, I think you need players from all age groups and to be constantly renewing

It's more of the premise around the proposal rather than the specific pieces going each way. Can fowler is a number 1 dman who's arguable one of the best skaters in the league who could be had for a relatively low price for the value you he brings as a 25 year old at $4M. He will be better in 5 years when our core players are in their prime. The rd wings need a d man and need to shed salary space and they've always liked edler so maybe we can make something work there since they may have trouble in the expansion draft also. He's an offensive minded winger that doesn't just have "potential" he would also be right around 30 when our core is mid 20s and would be a cheap middle 6 guy able to create offensive. Maybe I'm just looking for the instant gratification of a top 2 OA pick but I do think Patrick and Hishier will be number 1 Cs for atleast a decade in the NHL and because the flyers need a RHD. What better option than tanev. The flyers have filpula, couturier, and giroux down the middle so if they wanna win now with that group tanev would help. I posted because right now the team looks like a group full of mediocre guys with the exception of a few (boeser, bo, juolevi, demko, dahlen). I wouldn't mind taking a risk and not "playing it safe" to go after guys that have serious offensive upside even if they aren't the best 2 way guys. 

5 hours ago, Eastsidenuck said:

I know these are mostly unrealistic but..

To Van:

Cam Fowler

To Ana:

2017 1st rd

To Van: 

2017 2nd OA

A Mac

To Philly:

Chris tanev

Van 2nd rd+ CBJ 2nd rd

To Van:

Tomas Tatar

To Det:

A. Edler(50% retained)

2018 2nd or 3rd

+ E. Kane via 2018 Free agency

- a Mac for draft picks

- Baer for picks/prospects

2018-19 lineup

J. Dahlen-NP/NH-Boeser

E. Kane-Borvat-Tatar

Virtanen-Granlund-loui/goldy

Molina/Dorsett-Gaunce-Crammerosa

Fowler-stecher

Juolevi-gudbranson

Hutton-subban/brisebois? 

Wow talk about unrealistic........whats your point here?

9 hours ago, Eastsidenuck said:

To Van:

Cam Fowler

To Ana:

2017 1st rd

No. Please No.

We need a rebuild not a 'ReTool'

To Van: 

2017 2nd OA

A Mac

To Philly:

Chris tanev

Van 2nd rd+ CBJ 2nd rd

- a Mac for draft picks

We give up 33ed O/A and if CBJ gives us there pick this year. Low 2nd round pick.

For Phillys 44th O/A pick

But then we flip Andrew MacDonald for more picks?

Why not just keep our picks?

Will we get better then a 33ed O/A for MacDonald

Also under Value Chris Tanev in my opinion. But that's why I'm posting here and not making discussions for the canucks

7 hours ago, Eastsidenuck said:

It's more of the premise around the proposal rather than the specific pieces going each way. Can fowler is a number 1 dman who's arguable one of the best skaters in the league who could be had for a relatively low price for the value you he brings as a 25 year old at $4M. He will be better in 5 years when our core players are in their prime. The rd wings need a d man and need to shed salary space and they've always liked edler so maybe we can make something work there since they may have trouble in the expansion draft also. He's an offensive minded winger that doesn't just have "potential" he would also be right around 30 when our core is mid 20s and would be a cheap middle 6 guy able to create offensive. Maybe I'm just looking for the instant gratification of a top 2 OA pick but I do think Patrick and Hishier will be number 1 Cs for atleast a decade in the NHL and because the flyers need a RHD. What better option than tanev. The flyers have filpula, couturier, and giroux down the middle so if they wanna win now with that group tanev would help. I posted because right now the team looks like a group full of mediocre guys with the exception of a few (boeser, bo, juolevi, demko, dahlen). I wouldn't mind taking a risk and not "playing it safe" to go after guys that have serious offensive upside even if they aren't the best 2 way guys. 

Cam Fowler is a UFA in a year with no guarantee that he will want to re-sign in Vancouver.

Archived