The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Musicians Thread

nux4lyfe

Hello all and fellow musicians (because we are aliens)...

This thread is for artists and those aspiring...

Feel free to let us know what/or if any instruments you play or learning at the moment ?

Are you a member of a Band, Solo Artist, DJ, Producer. Engineer......?

Have you performed anywhere, Opened up for anyone of even headlined ?...

Feel free to share your music via soundcloud, youtube etc..

Who knows maybe a great collab could come out of this and bam! make it rain.., cheers and Happy music making!

PS, I'll share my stuff soon.

I do consider myself a musician, though not professionally in any way. I was part of my school band for six years and the jazz band for three. I was also taught the very basics of piano by my mom when I was quite young (around 7) and since then have self-taught myself. I've written some simple stuff, both on a writing program and just while fiddling around on the piano, but nothing I'd consider performance-worthy. While I've been a musician for a long time, I've been learning slowly and bit by bit, so I'm not some musical maestro, that's for sure.

I'm far from a pro, I did go to school for it but as it turns out it just wasn't for me. I was in band throughout high school (jazz, marching), I have taken years of guitar lessons, a year of piano lessons, several years of voice lessons, self taught myself bass guitar and drums. I played in a few different other bands. One was a country band, another was country-gospel band, I was in a short lived folk rock band in college and then a mix-music band with my family. 

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I do consider myself a musician, though not professionally in any way. I was part of my school band for six years and the jazz band for three. I was also taught the very basics of piano by my mom when I was quite young (around 7) and since then have self-taught myself. I've written some simple stuff, both on a writing program and just while fiddling around on the piano, but nothing I'd consider performance-worthy. While I've been a musician for a long time, I've been learning slowly and bit by bit, so I'm not some musical maestro, that's for sure.

Meh, 'Professional musician' is a relative term these days compared to the garbage you hear on the radio, Don't sell yourself short..you're prob better than some of them..cool to hear your story man..keep it up and would love to hear some of it eventually!

3 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

I mean I played the bass clarinet and saxaphonr in highschool haha

Dude, I played the Bass Clarinet for all of high school! I also played the tenor sax in the jazz band.

7 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

I mean I played the bass clarinet and saxaphonr in highschool haha

speaking of which, i was pretty boss with the recorder in grade 4. i was the best in the class at hot cross buns

face that runs the place, the champ that runs the camp

i can play the flute in more ways than one now

Went to lessons for drums for about 5-6 years when I was younger.  Been drumming for close to 10 years now.

Been teaching myself guitar and piano for the last little while.

Bought a keytar and received Ableton with it, so have also been learning how to work with a DAW.

5 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Went to lessons for drums for about 5-6 years when I was younger.  Been drumming for close to 10 years now.

Been teaching myself guitar and piano for the last little while.

Bought a keytar and received Ableton with it, so have also been learning how to work with a DAW.

Awesome..I switched over to Ableton from Cubase a few yrs ago and never looked back, Great DAW!

10 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

speaking of which, i was pretty boss with the recorder in grade 4. i was the best in the class at hot cross buns

face that runs the place, the champ that runs the camp

i can play the flute in more ways than one now

Leave it to TS to keep it raunchy ..:P

I play guitar because I like it not because I am good at it.  I have 5 guitars (6 and 12 string acoustics, nylon string classical, solid body electric and an archtop I bought last summer) and a recorder I play around with.  Considering buying either a mandolin or a banjo this summer.

Had to sell my guitar for gas money when I moved back to BC.

Just last weekend my sister gave me her Yamaha (Entry level) and am all self taught, hadn't played in years and I forget everything I know, even how to read tab.

I'll have to sit down one weekend and go through some beginner YouTube videos and see if I can pick up the basics again.

2 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

Had to sell my guitar for gas money when I moved back to BC.

Just last weekend my sister gave me her Yamaha (Entry level) and am all self taught, hadn't played in years and I forget everything I know, even how to read tab.

I'll have to sit down one weekend and go through some beginner YouTube videos and see if I can pick up the basics again.

No person that did a public service should have to sell his guitar!

I played Alto Sax from gr. 6-12 in Concert band and 7-10 in Jazz band. Was in a punk band in gr. 10 playing bass that lasted about 5 weeks before "the lead signer" got kicked out of her house and sent to live with her aunt in a different city. We never did find a drummer and then the guitar player decided her bf was more important than anything in the world so that was the end of that. Played bass through the rest of high school but haven't really touched either since. It's something I want to do but doubt I'll ever get around to.

Started the tenor sax in grade six and continued through high school where I also picked up the baritone sax for the jazz band.

self taught bad guitar player.  First one I bought at a pawn shop.  Second one was a legit prezzy to myself for my 30th.....Gibson SG.

ive played a couple all ages shows back in my early 20's and one show at a bar in Australia with my friends band back in the 90's....true to the times a sound garden/tool rip off band.

i mostly play the stereo now as being a family guy has cut in on my "experimenting" and jamming time.B)

would love to get a sax again.

I've been playing guitar for almost 20years now.  I play mostly acoustic now a days and love going down to the beach and creating my own material or just aimlessly strumming chords for the ladies.  Lately I've been going on youtube and jamming to some backing tracks and trying to expand my style and scales.  If it wasn't such a pain to record myself on a phone I would post a couple of vids and some blazing solosB)

Archived