The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Buf

Vancouver: 8th overall = Timothy Liljegren

Buffalo: Christopher Tanev, possible 3rd or 4th rounder 2017

If we can get anther pick in the top 10, a Centre and PP D-man would be sick for the Canucks. Giving Liljegren time to hone his skills could be a steal for us in the future.

43 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Tanev could get better then an 8th in a weak draft IMO

Jordan Staal was traded for the 8th overall and Sutter.  At the time Staal's value was sky high.....I doubt Tanev can get us anything close to that.

Also Dougie Hamilton which IMO had way more value back then, than what Tanev has right now, and fetched a 15th overall and 2 x 2nd rounder. 

I'm all for trading Tanev, but not expecting to hit the jackpot in return.

15 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Jordan Staal was traded for the 8th overall and Sutter.  At the time Staal's value was sky high.....I doubt Tanev can get us anything close to that.

Also Dougie Hamilton which IMO had way more value back then, than what Tanev has right now, and fetched a 15th overall and 2 x 2nd rounder. 

Tanev is a one dimensional D man, we need to find a prospect who does offence as well. Victor Hedman has taking 4 NHL season to hit his stride to become a #1 franchise D man. We need to draft D men like no tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, hatedkid666 said:

Tanev could get better then an 8th in a weak draft IMO

Sorry, YO is not correct.   Tanev would fetch, at best, a late first rounder in a weak draft and a second rounder in a strong draft.  The Edmonton Larsen trade was an anomaly and Tanev doesn't have the pedigree or any semblance of offensive stats to garner more.   If trading him, more valuable to trade for a prospect who is simply in the wrong situation but may flourish in a rebuilding situation like Vancouver is in.

I see some people are already talking about "TANKING" for the new season.

Let me just say, give up this ABSURD idea.

For the lotto system only needs LUCK to  be successful and tanking doesn't guarantee you get a top 3 pick,

just look at the last 2 years,we went down both times now that we could really use some talent on this team.rebuilding is by luck in this new NHL.

unless you are a US TEAM.or lucky as hell (that's you Edmonton and Toronto)HAD TO CHANGE THE RULES BECAUSE OF THOSE LUCKY BASTARDS.

CANADA AND THE CANUCKS NEED A STANLEY CUP.

Damn I'm ranting again,but the truth hurts ,this team is just killing me.

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

35 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Sorry, YO is not correct.   Tanev would fetch, at best, a late first rounder in a weak draft and a second rounder in a strong draft.  The Edmonton Larsen trade was an anomaly and Tanev doesn't have the pedigree or any semblance of offensive stats to garner more.   If trading him, more valuable to trade for a prospect who is simply in the wrong situation but may flourish in a rebuilding situation like Vancouver is in.

35 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Tanev has amazing possession numbers, is still young, and is a RHD. Not to mention he could eat big minutes on the backend which is huge for a lot of teams. He is worth 8th in a normal draft. I say he could get the 8th plus a 2nd or 3rd in this one 

5 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Tanev has amazing possession numbers, is still young, and is a RHD. Not to mention he could eat big minutes on the backend which is huge for a lot of teams. He is worth 8th in a normal draft. I say he could get the 8th plus a 2nd or 3rd in this one 

What about the suggestion above: Tavev for Sam Reinhart?

57 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

For Canuck's fans sake, it would be great if you were the GM of a team with a high pick to trade this year.   

1 hour ago, hatedkid666 said:

LOL keep dreaming, that's better than what we got for Kesler.   Anaheim didn't want to part with their 10th overall for Kesler!

1 hour ago, Nuck1991 said:

how abt tanev plus 5th overall to buffalo for 8th and Sam reinhart?

I really like that idea and think it's a fair trade but doubt Buffalo would do it, Reinhart is still so young and I feel like they're very high on him 

1 minute ago, Nuck1991 said:

i think hes expandable, since they drafted nylander last year and will get the help on back end with tanev and also will be draft 5, another high pick a winger who will replace reinhart

I really like Reinhart, but do have concerns about his ability to play center.  Could he be a Cody Hodgson?  

Archived