The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Bishop to Dallas

16 minutes ago, billabong said:

If the sign bishop, with lehtonen at 5.9m and niemi at 4.5m for another year you got think Dallas is gonna work those phones hard to dump one of them at least 

maybe theyll dangle the 3rd over pick if someone would take both at full price 

I'd take both goalies if they gave us third overall. 

LA gave up a prospect, a 7th and another conditional pick and missed the playoffs.

I'm not sure this worked out that well for them although the return of a 4th is some consolation.

32 minutes ago, b3. said:

It's about time Dallas tries to get a decent goalie.

But darn, I hope he goes to free agency, so I can make myself feel better by watching what insane contract Calgary will offer him.

Calgary was on his No Trade list, so probably no amount of money will make him go there.

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

John Shannon just tweeted, that Bishop wanted to go to Dallas, but Calgary was on a list of teams he didn't want to go to. 

ouch. :lol: 

i feel better for some reason. All DAL needs to do now is trade us the 3OA + a prospect for Tanev and they're set. 

23 minutes ago, billabong said:

If the sign bishop, with lehtonen at 5.9m and niemi at 4.5m for another year you got think Dallas is gonna work those phones hard to dump one of them at least 

maybe theyll dangle the 3rd over pick if someone would take both at full price 

Trade our 2nd round pick for Niemi and the 3rd OA pick? He has negative value and our 2nd is quite high....

1 minute ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Trade our 2nd round pick for Niemi and the 3rd OA pick? He has negative value and our 2nd is quite high....

Oh man, if we actually get Niemi it's going to make last season look like 2010-2011 by comparison. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Nope. They still have a suspect D-core and too much reliance on Benn and Seguin.

They kind of reminds me of the post-2004 TBL.  No goalie, weak defense.... lots of good offensive players.  Bottoming feeding team, but exciting to watch.  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Nope. They still have a suspect D-core and too much reliance on Benn and Seguin.

Hitchcock will clean that up. He has a knack for fixing defense.

Dallas will likely be a lock for a wild card spot next year, 

15 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

I think they'd buy him out and keep the #3pick... but it does present us with an opportunity. 

Tanev + Torts 2nd = 3OA + Niemi full salary probably gets done. Benning could pick Vilardi and Glass and we'd be stacked up front. If we could grab Alzner as a FA it would go a long way to filling the gaping hole left in our D by moving Tanev. 

18 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

LA gave up a prospect, a 7th and another conditional pick and missed the playoffs.

I'm not sure this worked out that well for them although the return of a 4th is some consolation.

TB gave them a 5th along with Bishop. And the conditional pick's, condition, wasn't met. So it was Budaj, Cernak, 7th for, a 4th and 5th.

Not bad IMO. Not making the playoffs makes it seem worse. 

32 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

John Shannon just tweeted, that Bishop wanted to go to Dallas, but Calgary was on a list of teams he didn't want to go to. 

Oddly enough..may have been mutual. 

The Dallas Stars announced on Tuesday afternoon that they have acquired the rights to Ben Bishop from the Los Angeles Kings, a goaltender in which they’ve had interest before.

The Stars surrendered Montreal’s fourth-round pick from the 2017 draft and will have exclusive negotiating rights to the unrestricted free agent.

“I’m under the impression there have been no talks yet between Dallas and Bishop, but now obviously that’s going to start,” said NHL Insider Elliotte Friedman during a radio hit on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590 only minutes after the deal was announced. “And there is some history here. Last year at the draft, Dallas did get permission to talk – or at least talked with Tampa about acquiring Ben Bishop. It was something they discussed, and ultimately decided not to do.

“And you’ll remember last year Ben Bishop thought he was going to Calgary. He thought he had a six-year deal worth somewhere between $36-39 million and that deal was killed by Calgary ownership at the end of the day.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/friedman-stars-inquired-bishop-last-summer/

With Darling to Canes..who is left? MAF, Gabauer and Pickard? 

Archived