The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks could trade up according to Darren Dreger

ynwa

Don't give up any extra picks for it! We need as many top 3 round picks right now as possible for a rebuilding team.

Anything like an Eriksson or Sutter + 5th for 1st/2nd, I'd do. Or the rights to Tram ;))))

I actually would prefer if Canucks would trade down to get more picks if possible. I'd take 2 lower 1st rounders over our 5th. 

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Anyone happen to catch Dreger's Douchebag Café on TSN? Supposedly he sat down at a "café" in Paris with Babcock and fluffed him for 20 minutes straight while drinking espresso.

Here's a screenshot complete with a Reserve sign on the table, just in case anyone thought to steal Dreger's table.

douche.png

Didn't catch the tv version, but wow worse than I thought!! 

Dreger has had his head so far up Babcocks butt when he talks you can't tell the two apart ;) 

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎09 at 10:26 PM, Honky Cat said:

The top 2 players conceivably could play in the NHL next year...but were not talking Matthews,Laine impact players here..Its more than likely neither will be the best players of this crop when alls said and done.

I agree if you look at the 2003 draft; M.A. Fleury, E.Staal, N.Horton but once you look at the sixth pick and down - plenty of studs that still play big hockey today!

8 hours ago, westvandude said:

Don't give up any extra picks for it! We need as many top 3 round picks right now as possible for a rebuilding team.

Anything like an Eriksson or Sutter + 5th for 1st/2nd, I'd do. Or the rights to Tram ;))))

I actually would prefer if Canucks would trade down to get more picks if possible. I'd take 2 lower 1st rounders over our 5th. 

I am on board with this .

It would bend Betman out of shape lol.

We need more picks in mid An later rounds.

20 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

This was a good reply except it had nothing to do with what I quoted and bolded you on... Anyways I agree with you, sometimes the longer route is the better one.

ummmm well there's no mcdavid in this draft and someone like Vilardi we can get and is ready for a try out in training camp and seeing where he is and going from there but hopefully everything that makes him in the top 5-10 and the regular 2-3 years training.. but at least we have a decent stocked shelf now in the system and we've never had anything near this EVER! 

Could it be better? That's what keeps me watching now...  after 40 years...  f_ck it's been painful so if we score a big fast center then I'm all for it because there's a lot of the world's best players available and if miller goes and we do make a trade for a draft pic this year or next year and add that player's cap space minus Bo's raise etc...  we might have 5.5 - 6.5 to spend-ish after the dust clears and that would get get us a higher end player RIGHT now

I think trading up for another would be an option and dump salary to give Bo his raise and if miller hits the free agency market then we have his cap and the bit we have now

This kind of thing keeps a fan relatively interested but hopefully it goes down well BUT at the end of the day we actually have a farm system!!!! lmao!  Thing was getting rusty from under use... 

The take on this kid (Vilardi) is the best you can ask for of a center is feed your wingers for goals after you get it by "taking it" the puck off someone with your size...  check this out!  Described as so...

Very smart, slick. Has the confidence to hold onto the puck in order to find the open man. No panic.

I could live with that on the team  :)   a bigger/taller Horvat?  hmmmmm...  yes please! 

Ok so maybe that's dreaming a bit but we need a 1-2 bigger players on 1st AND 2nd line "Keith Tkachuk" skilled and as mean.  no more easy to play against...  anyone can have that on 3rd/4th lines but that's what this team needs..  great skill but mean and big... we have cap  :)  please mr Benning? 

Archived