The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN - TBL [Proposal]

Steve Yzerman is gonna ask for the moon and then some for Drouin.  So instead why don't we go for one of Tampa's many young forward prospects. Yes this is another Tanev proposal.

VAN: 

RW Ryan Callahan (15% retained)

TBL 2017 1st round pick

C Mitchell Stephens

TBL:

D Chris Tanev

SJS 2017 4th round

If you watched WJC you know that Stephens is legit. Played very well. Cap dump in Ryan Callahan.

I hate the whole he was good at the WJC therefore... if that were the case, Jordan Schroeder would have a couple of Art Ross trophies to his name. 

Having said that, the value is close but slightly too little, the first rounder is obviously the attractive part of this trade, but Callahan takes the shine off that, and Stephens hasn't had a good enough year to compensate for that, for me at least.

Just now, Zhukini said:

I hate the whole he was good at the WJC therefore... if that were the case, Jordan Schroeder would have a couple of Art Ross trophies to his name. 

Having said that, the value is close but slightly too little, the first rounder is obviously the attractive part of this trade, but Callahan takes the shine off that, and Stephens hasn't had a good enough year to compensate for that, for me at least.

We could possibly snag Dahlen's teammate Pettersson with Tampa's pick, or even Kailer Yamamoto.

But if Stephens isn't to your liking, Tampa has a few other young center prospects (Howden, Cirelli)

1 hour ago, Pears said:

No where near enough for Tanev. If that's for Edler then yea but I'm not sending Tanev to Tampa unless Drouin is coming back here. 

True. 

Except it's a frosty day in hell before Edler fetches a 1st round pick!

19 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

What about Brayden Point included in a pkg? Kid looks great.

Talented as hell but at 5' 10 and 166 lbs (as listed) I would think a little small. We need size and grit as well going forward I think.

13 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

Talented as hell but at 5' 10 and 166 lbs (as listed) I would think a little small. We need size and grit as well going forward I think.

Normally, I'd apply that insight throughout the roster. But that kid is a special player, in the few games I saw him. Little like that Konecny in Philly(or perhaps Pageau in Ott).

No denying though, size is one of our many needs...

6 hours ago, jono2009 said:

True. 

Except it's a frosty day in hell before Edler fetches a 1st round pick!

You would be suprised!

I mean if Burrows can essentially go for a higher 2nd round pick then is it not possible Edler gets you a late 1st?

Or do you think Burrows is worth more than Edler?

As for the trade proposal i would swap Stephens with Brett Howden personally.

13 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

You would be suprised!

I mean if Burrows can essentially go for a higher 2nd round pick then is it not possible Edler gets you a late 1st?

Or do you think Burrows is worth more than Edler?

As for the trade proposal i would swap Stephens with Brett Howden personally.

I think they are valued roughly the same. If Edler has a better season than the last one and is shopped at the deadline a late first isn't out of the question

Tampa is built to win now. I think coming up short last season and missing the playoffs was a fluke and they'll be back in the thick of the hunt next season, provided Stamkos can stay healthy. The one player I would really like to see JB go after is Adam Erne. He could become a great complimentary player the Horvat and Boeser. As long as it doesn't involve Tanev or our first, that is.

To Vancouver:

Adam Erne

To Tampa:

2nd rnd pick (33rd)

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

Tampa is built to win now. I think coming up short last season and missing the playoffs was a fluke and they'll be back in the thick of the hunt next season, provided Stamkos can stay healthy. The one player I would really like to see JB go after is Adam Erne. He could become a great complimentary player the Horvat and Boeser. As long as it doesn't involve Tanev or our first, that is.

To Vancouver:

Adam Erne

To Tampa:

2nd rnd pick (33rd)

We could draft a better player with our 33rd....

1 hour ago, Adarsh Sant said:

We could draft a better player with our 33rd....

I disagree. 

I've gone over a lot of scouting reports over the past couple months (none past the second round, however). Beyond Patrick, Glass, Hague and, maybe Comtois, there doesn't seem to be a lot of skilled, sandpaper, types in this draft. As it's one of our most glaring needs, I'd give up a spare pick to acquire some grit. 

Michael Ferland didn't start out as much of a prospect either but, seems to have found himself a home in Calgary. I could see Erne turning into the same type of player for us.

On 10.5.2017 at 0:19 PM, Adarsh Sant said:

Steve Yzerman is gonna ask for the moon and then some for Drouin.  So instead why don't we go for one of Tampa's many young forward prospects. Yes this is another Tanev proposal.

VAN: 

RW Ryan Callahan (15% retained)

TBL 2017 1st round pick

C Mitchell Stephens

TBL:

D Chris Tanev

SJS 2017 4th round

If you watched WJC you know that Stephens is legit. Played very well. Cap dump in Ryan Callahan.

When Yzerman ask for the moon for droiun then just say no.

1st + Howden for Tanev + callahan (retained) could work, if not lets make a deal with the leafs or jets....

Tampa is searching for a Dmen and they have to be willing to give up something good for a tanev - typ

Archived