The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Vancouver Sports Bar angers Canucks fans

cuporbust

Vancouver sports bar Oilers support   

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I don't blame them you woukd be surprised how many people you run in to on a daily basis who are not even born here and came from Alberta or "out East" from work and kept their sports loyalty.

How else do you explain all the closet Habs,Leafs, Oilers fans who dress up as visitors while living in Vancouver that come out of the woodwork any time a major NHL team with some history comes to town.

who would be surprised? What's wrong with being a fan of the team you grew up with?

I bet most the people bitching about it would be all on board if they were living in Alberta and a bar did that to support the Canucks.

I am first and foremost a Canucks fan, but I am a hockey fan in general, but these businesses rely on people watching games there and with our team out, you do what you gotta do to keep business up

4 hours ago, InTheCrease said:

I bet most the people bitching about it would be all on board if they were living in Alberta and a bar did that to support the Canucks.

I am first and foremost a Canucks fan, but I am a hockey fan in general, but these businesses rely on people watching games there and with our team out, you do what you gotta do to keep business up

Nope, I lived in Calgary, they hate hate hate anything Canucks, a lot of them didn't want to watch the 2011 SCF.

8 hours ago, butters said:

who would be surprised? What's wrong with being a fan of the team you grew up with?

Nothing really. Just saying that might be a reason the Canucks home crowd isn't great because a significant chunk are actually fans of other teams who just happen to live in Vancouver now.

On 5/18/2017 at 10:32 PM, Creepy Crawler said:

Nope, I lived in Calgary, they hate hate hate anything Canucks, a lot of them didn't want to watch the 2011 SCF.

You are absolutely correct.  Still live in Cowtown this wanna be American city.  Since Leduc #1 was brought in February 1947 this town considered themselves a suburb of Houston.  Got the Rockies just up the road and the Stampede who doesn't like a big party other than that it's just another stop along the Trans-Canada connecting the two coasts.

Archived