The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Predators win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3   

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Ducks in 4
    • Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

Feel like the Predators' defense will face the highest level of offensive pressure from Getzlaf and co. that they've faced so far (the Hawks were collectively ice-cold, and the Blues were solid and kept it tight with different contributors each night, but Getzlaf has been carrying his squad and will probably be the man for the Predators to shut down as he's scoring at the second highest rate this playoffs behind Malkin, and has been a driving force for his team with Perry).

I think if he can stay hot then they might be too much for Nashville's defense to handle as he can enable his wingers (Rakell, Perry, Ritchie) to elevate their game as well.  The Predators' defense had better be ready as they won't have the puck as much right off the draw (Ducks are the best team in terms of face-off percentage) and the Ducks really like to get in on the fore-check, as they showed tonight.  Thinking it'll be another close series that'll go all the way. 

Preds in 6. I'll give the Ducks 2 games but feel Nashville is a team destined to make the Cup finals (the other being Ottawa). Also they beat their previous opponents with ease so are well rested whereas the Ducks have played more games/have had harder fought series so the Preds have that going in their favor too. 

I think Johansen is a better match up against Getzlaf and should also match up well against Kesler if Carlyle hard matches that way.  Fisher's no slouch on the defensive end either, though he gives up size to Getzlaf.

Will be interesting to see whether the Preds' mobile D will be able to overcome the Ducks' power.  I think they will do a better job than the Oilers' D.

The Preds are a deep team but I think this is going to come down to Rinne.  If Rinne keeps up his play, I think the Preds' depth will overcome the Ducks.

Ducks will match up well against the Preds, who are looking dominant. I'm Predicting the Preds in 7 because of Rinne (Goaltending will be the difference) and the Preds have 3 solid lines with good D. 

The Ducks will be a force to contend with because of their size and heavy game and puck moving "D". I noticed they were flying the forwards high in the N zone for the stretch pass a lot in game 7 against the Oil (the first pass was a long pass and on the tape...bodes well for a puck possession game...wished the Canucks were able to execute the first pass like the Ducks).

To see the Preds vs the Sens in the finals would be great because neither have won the cup.

To see the Ducks vs the Pens in the finals would be great because of the superstar presence and Sid vs Perry (Perry won the Memorial cup vs Sid). I would like to see Perry win the cup again vs Sid. Perry is one of the most underrated players in the league right now.

Preds in 6 but Ducks should put up a good fight. Unfortunately, when it's all said and done, Preds' D and forward group is one of the deepest in the playoffs and barring an upset, Rinne has outperformed Crawford, Allen and on the verge of doing the same to Gibson this Conference finals 

Did you Know?

Did you know that prior to this season the Ottawa Senators have only made the Conference Finals on two occasions (2003 and 2007).

Both years saw the Anaheim Ducks making it to the Stanley Cup Finals, losing in 7 games to the New Jersey Devils in 2003 and defeating the Senators in 5 games in 2007.

Archived