(Proposal) VAN-LGK

TO VAN

2018 1st (3rd best lottery odds)

2017 2nd

TO LGK

2017 1st (5th OA)

Tanev

Why Las Vegas does it?

It's their very 1st draft and having back to back picks at 5&6 would be great for them. They also get Tanev who would tremendously help them get a stable defence to play in front of Fleury next year. Then they can draft Glass/Mittlestadt and Heiskanen/Makar and get their young for forming early.

Why we do it?

Well we need that franchise Dman and C and with next year's draft being as deep as it is I think we should try and get 2 lottery picks. Losing Tanev really hurts our D and if the forwards play up to their standards under Green we are destined for a 10-15 pick next year unless we deflate our backend. Removing Tanev and possibly Edler will almost guarantee a 27-31 finish and having 2 very good odds to win Dahlin is nothing but fantastic news. This would give us 2 top 5 picks next year and we can draft Dahlin and a C. I'm not sure if there's a great #1 C in next year's draft all I know is I heard there is a lot of talent in next year's draft. Plus Dahlin could help convince Tryamkin to come back and we will have an even better D than smashville!!!

Virtanen Horvat Boeser

Goldobin 2018pick Dahlen

Baertschi Granlund Eriksson

XXXXXX Sutter Gaudette

Dahlin Tryamkin 

Juolevi Stecher

Hutton Gudbranson

Demko

Think the Knights would take the deal?

Just now, Toews said:

Vegas isn't guaranteed 3rd last odds.

yes they are but this is not the bet proposal. Why give up a high first and Tanev who is worth at least a first for another years first and a second. considering where we will be ending up next year(near dead last) this proposal makes zero sense. 

28 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

yes they are but this is not the bet proposal. Why give up a high first and Tanev who is worth at least a first for another years first and a second. considering where we will be ending up next year(near dead last) this proposal makes zero sense. 

Losing Tanev gives us better odds at 2 top 5 picks next year. 2 top 5 odds at Dahlin. 

How does that make 0 sense? Or did you fail to comprehend what I was proposing?

30 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

No they're not.  Thy were only guaranteed the same odds as the 3rd worst team this season.  Next season it's based on where they actually finish

Wouldn't it be VGK?  I thought they were going by Vegas Golden Knights.

As for the proposal, you're giving up guaranteed 5th overall for a 1st rounder of unknown draft position.  At best, you could move up a couple of spots, but there's also the chance you could drop a few spots.  I would rather keep this year's pick.  The rest of the proposal basically comes down to Tanev for a 2nd round pick.  I wouldn't do that deal.

Vegas would, but I wouldn't.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

This is a very confusing proposal lol but VGK is not guaranteed for 3rd best lottery odds in 2018 or future drafts.. That was only for the 2017 draft...

Anyways I said this many times before... Few teams will trade unknown 1rst round draft picks. You want proof ? September 2009 Toronto traded their 2010 first and 2011 first along with a second for Kessel...

Those picks turned into Tyler Seguin in 2010 (2nd OA) and Dougie Hamilton (9th OA)

So yeah that's how bad this proposal is... Colossally bad.

In the best scenario, Van loses Tanev and (insert everyone's favourite #5 pick in 2017) for another 2nd in '17 and the #1 in '18.

Betting on the Canucks getting a #1 overall is very risky.  JB is not in the position to take big risks.

I'm not sure about the '18 draft being strong; I've heard that it is much like this years'. 

What might happen...Tanev and #5 ('17)  trade for 2nd round and #5 ('18).  Basically the Nucks trade Tanev for a high 2nd rounder.

Archived