The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Friedman thinks Vancouver is interested in Eberle

homersexual

This from the Edmonton Journal article...

TSN’s Darren Dreger said this morning on Montreal radio that Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli will have to get creative to find cap space for the coming pay days of Leon Draisaitl and Connor McDavid: “I think that Jordan Eberle has probably played his last game with the Edmonton Oilers. And some wonder if they might have to make a real significant move, and maybe move both Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins. I doubt it. I think that they still very much value Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and I could see why in watching that team closely. But that money has got to come from somewhere.”

On Oilers Now, Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet listed St. Louis, the New York Islanders, Vancouver and maybe Los Angeles as possible landing pads for Eberle.

Only 26 and will probably get you 50+ pts as a right winger. Canucks are lacking on the right side. After Boeser and Goldy, Eberle would be a good 2nd/3rd line winger.

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I sued to like him alot. His stock has fallen after Edmontons rebuild rebuild. I wouldn't mind him but he'd have to come cheap.

2nd and gaunce. 

I'd say Edmonton adds as the Canucks would be taking on $6 million in cap.

regards,  G.

Problem is we'd be giving something Edmonton wants, either a D or straight cap dump. Why would we want to help that team further? This is a great example of avoiding inter-division trades.

I also this he's been the benefactor of playing with some pretty exceptional players, dating back to junior.

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

I'd say Edmonton adds as the Canucks would be taking on $6 million in cap.

regards,  G.

Yeah or eats cap

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Eriksson, Boeser, Goldobin, Granlund (with the twins), Virtanen, Dorsett... Yup, no right side depth there. 

Eriksson, listed as left winger

Granlund, listed as centre

Sure, lets throw Beiga as a right winger too if you really want to say 'they can play on the right side' since he played a few games as a forward.

Dorsett?? Eberle is a huge improvement over him.

Edit: How in the world could anyone forget about MEGNA!

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Problem is we'd be giving something Edmonton wants, either a D or straight cap dump. Why would we want to help that team further? This is a great example of avoiding inter-division trades.

I also this he's been the benefactor of playing with some pretty exceptional players, dating back to junior.

Either the Canucks gives it to them, or another team will, Edmonton will still get their D and cap dump. 

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Eriksson, Boeser, Goldobin, Granlund (with the twins), Virtanen, Dorsett... Yup, no right side depth there. 

Eriksson is the only winger close to eberles skill as a proven nhler and we have yet to see any value there anyway.

Granlund not with the twins is a tweener top six player 

6 minutes ago, homersexual said:

Eriksson, listed as left winger

Granlund, listed as centre

Sure, lets throw Beiga as a right winger too if you really want to say 'they can play on the right side' since he played a few games as a forward.

Dorsett?? Eberle is a huge improvement over him.

Edit: How in the world could anyone forget about MEGNA!

Both played RW with the Sedins, Granlund played LW with Sutter, and Erickson played both L and R with Sutter. Dorsett also plays either wing.

31 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Pretty much this.  I think Eberle would be an improvement on our wingers and would help out the power play.  But the cost, the fact that it helps the Oilers more than it probably helps the Canucks, and Eberle's age (or more that he has reached his ceiling) negate any slight improvements that Eberle makes for the Canucks.

Archived