The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Tampa

In my last blog, I referenced not trading Tanev and going all kids. However the only other move is Tanev straight up for Tyler Johnson, this will give Van the opportunity, to get their 1/2 nd line centre, forcing the Sedins down to third line status, in which is not a bad deal. Van will still need to give the sedin's about 16 min of ice a night, plus second power play duty. It will also buy the 1 or two years of development, for the centre they draft this year. Realistically we won't be trading for some young stud centre, the cost will be way to high. Both Tanev and Johnson are about 2 years apart in age, so it should even out a bit. If need be and Tanev is more of a luxury, then Tampa could include a 3rd round pick next year.

I know people will say but what about Johnny hockey, and Johnson played in the DUB...blah, blah, blah....but I have significant doubts that Johnson could produce points at the same rate he did in Tampa in the much more rugged and physical Western Conference night in and night out.  Not saying definitely no, but would have to do some due diligence on this kid to see if him producing points in our Division would be viable. 

Archived