The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Florida Man Tries to Cash $368B Check

nucklehead

http://wpdh.com/florida-news-man-attempts-to-cash-check-for-368-billion-dollars/

This story is strange even for the state of Florida. Jeff Waters reportedly walked into a Jacksonville, FL Bank of America last week and attempted to cash a check for $368,000,000,000 dollars.Yes, $368 BILLION dollars. This obviously drew the suspicion of bank tellers. Waters’ explanation was that a homeless man named “Tito” sold him the blank check several months ago for $100. This Tito person apparently told Waters that the check would clear for any amount of money.

Waters wrote the U.S. Bank of Idaho check to ‘Cash’. Now what did he plan on doing with the money? Looks like he wanted to enter the restaurant industry. Waters told officials he wanted the $368 billion to start an Italian restaurant.

It’s always been my dream to own the best Italian restaurant in the earth. I’m 10% Italian. Cooking authentic Italian food is in my blood.

He didn’t stop there. Waters had big dreams…

I had planned to make the restaurant 80 million sq. feet and able to accommodated (sic) 30 million eaters at once, plus it was gonna be totally underwater so people could look at sharks while they ate.

But it wasn’t his fault. He blames Tito…

But the bank wouldn’t give me my money they owed me. Tito said the check was good for any amount I wanted to write it for. So blame Tito, not me. I’m as innocent as a schoolgirl.

Needless to say he was arrested after police were called. In addition to a forgery count, Waters was charged with unlawfully carrying Chinese stars and possessing bath salts…though that’s not a surprise. What is a surprise is that he somehow posted the $23,000 bail.

Read More: Florida News: Man Attempts to Cash Check for $368 Billion Dollars | http://wpdh.com/florida-news-man-attempts-to-cash-check-for-368-billion-dollars/?trackback=tsmclip

368.jpg

4 minutes ago, rawkdrummer said:

what surprises me is people using the word check instead of cheque.

Americans spell it, check. 

I was totally with this guy until he said he would feed 30 million people. Should be feeding all 7 Billion of us. 

Needless to say he was arrested after police were called. In addition to a forgery count, Waters was charged with unlawfully carrying Chinese stars and possessing bath salts…though that’s not a surprise. What is a surprise is that he somehow posted the $23,000 bail.

8 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

And where did the $23,000 bail money come from? Cheque?

Archived