The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Class Action Lawsuit Planned Against BC Place for Friday's U2 Snafu

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think U 2 should be sued for becoming a  legends band comparable in quality  to Nickleback........

All downhill from....

resize_image.png

War is my personal favourite of theirs too.

But c'mon...The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby were also fantastic albums.

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

War is my personal favourite of theirs too.

But c'mon...The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby were also fantastic albums.

Zooropa has also held up surprisingly well. 

I get why people dislike U2. Went thought a period myself (in my 20s and in university) where I thought, "I don't get the love for them."

They're accessible. And their earlier work was all very good. Then "Pop" happened.

23 minutes ago, Monty said:

They're accessible. And their earlier work was all very good. Then "Pop" happened.

Even Pop had its moments.

It's been all downhill since, but they're old farts now, so that should be sort of expected.

14 minutes ago, Monty said:

IMG_1555.GIF

I rarely watch music videos, so they don't really affect how I feel about an album.

Last Night on Earth, Staring at The Sun and Gone were good songs. But as a whole, it was definitely inferior to everything else they had done to that point. But unfortunately, it's probably still better than everything they've done since.

3 hours ago, Orange Glue Stick said:

Has there been any more news/updates on this?

Not that I've heard. Last I heard BC Place was blaming it in the ticket system.  As for the lawsuit, I don't think it's gone anywhere.  I sent an email saying I'd be interested in providing my information if a lawsuit went forward, haven't heard anything.  I have contacted BC Place myself and did get a response from someone in management  They asked for my contact information which I have provided.  Waiting to see what happens next.  

19 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Not that I've heard. Last I heard BC Place was blaming it in the ticket system.  As for the lawsuit, I don't think it's gone anywhere.  I sent an email saying I'd be interested in providing my information if a lawsuit went forward, haven't heard anything.  I have contacted BC Place myself and did get a response from someone in management  They asked for my contact information which I have provided.  Waiting to see what happens next.  

Better not be like this for Metallica or sh1t might hit the fan. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

And?

Nothing really.  Was told to give them my email and wait.  Though I see this today in the paper:

U2/Mumford & Sons ticket-holders offered compensation for B.C. Place lineup fiasco

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/u2mumford-sons-ticket-holders-offered-compensation-for-b-c-place-lineup-fiasco

Basically every ticket purchased will get you a $50 ticketmaster gift card., a ticket to a Lions or Whitecaps game, and a $20 meal voucher.

**Edit**

Just looking through my Email. Received an email confirming the above. Lions and Whitecaps ticket offer/ voucher good for this season and next season.

Archived