The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Province Top 10 Prospects Countdown - updated to #3

19 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

Is it going to be Boeser and Dahlen 1 and 2, or is The Province going to do something dumb like include our upcoming draft pick as a myserious top prospect to be?

Dahlen 3, Juolevi (because people have boners for forwards) 2, Boeser 1

1 hour ago, awalk said:

How does Ron Delorme still have a job??

Is he still the head of scouting?  I don't see why we don't fire all our scouts and steal the best scouts from the other teams.  Then pay them each 1 million dollars a year.  Let's spend the money on the roots of the tree, and grow it really strong, before wasting money on dead branches.  

4 hours ago, hanzolo said:

Nice to know that Benning is planning on taking as much time as Demko needs before calling him up.

Agreed.  I wonder how he plans the goalie succession for the next core...it wouldnt be a bad idea to take a goalie with his second or third round picks the next two drafts to hedge his bet.   Or perhaps his plan is just to use the UFA market if things don't pan out.

1 minute ago, cbdoubleu said:

Someone's got a pretty big buldge in their sweatpants for Dahlen if he's number 2, or somehow number 1 on this list.

It would echo Botch's comments on Dahlen before, arguing he is our top prospect.

Just now, cbdoubleu said:

Someone's got a pretty big buldge in their sweatpants for Dahlen if he's number 2, or somehow number 1 on this list.

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Dahlen (drafted him in my fantasy league last year) but IMO, it's a toss up between OJ/Boeser as #1 even if OJ hasn't looked as 'ready', with Dahlen clearly at 3.

I don't particularly give much weight to readiness, especially given the Canucks current place in a rebuild. 

#3 spent a fair amount of time on Heiskanen, even arguing that we should take him or another D with our upcoming pick. Though, I'd argue with Gaudette being our only Centre in this top 10 list, that we badly need a C at 5th pick. PLus, we'd be selling our current guys short if we take another D. I mean Juolevi could pan out as a potential top D, then we have a few good bets in Brisebois, Subban and McEneny. Not to mention, our D is already super young with Hutton and Stecher making the jump. 

I think Juolevi will have a shot in camp, if the TRyamkin departure isn't remedied, and we lose another D in the expansion draft. That said, he'll need to really impress. 

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

I'm also curious to see what they have in mind there.

I am thinking Dahlen,  Juolevi and Boeser.  

Boeser is our best prospect since he has been penciled into the lineup.  OJ is a can't miss and maybe Botch rank Dahlen higher than others. 

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is he still the head of scouting?  I don't see why we don't fire all our scouts and steal the best scouts from the other teams.  Then pay them each 1 million dollars a year.  Let's spend the money on the roots of the tree, and grow it really strong, before wasting money on dead branches.  

No, Judd Brackett is.

Ron Delorme is 'Chief Amateur Scout' - but Judd is Director and makes the calls.

10 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I am thinking Dahlen,  Juolevi and Boeser.  

Boeser is our best prospect since he has been penciled into the lineup.  OJ is a can't miss and maybe Botch rank Dahlen higher than others. 

Yep. It must be Dahlen alright. I forgot about him for a moment there.

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yeah canucks.com has him listed as director of amateur scouting

-_-

Er - chief of scouting 

Archived