The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tanev Poll - The Mother of all Polls (Discussion)

The Tanev trade Poll  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we do trade Tanev, I really hope JB goes for only one piece in return.  

Or adds to Tanev. 

A package of picks/prospects is great, but we're at a point where we need to start looking at something a bit higher end.

Would you do Tanev + our 2017 1st straight across for Reinhart?

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Or adds to Tanev. 

A package of picks/prospects is great, but we're at a point where we need to start looking at something a bit higher end.

Would you do Tanev + our 2016 1st straight across for Reinhart?

Tanev + Juiolevi?  No, I think that's too much.  I would do Tanev + a second in this draft though for Reinhart.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Tanev + Juiolevi?  No, I think that's too much.  I would do Tanev + a second in this draft though for Reinhart.

Ahh $&!#. I meant our 2017 1st :lol:

You gotta give up a lot to get a lot, and with no real gamebreakers projected outside of the top 2 in this draft, I'd consider it.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Ahh $&!#. I meant our 2017 1st :lol:

You gotta give up a lot to get a lot, and with no real gamebreakers projected outside of the top 2 in this draft, I'd consider it.

I give you it speeds up the rebuild by getting a more developed player in Reinhart.  Should we be speeding up the rebuild, or slowing it down though?  

Just now, Alflives said:

I give you it speeds up the rebuild by getting a more developed player in Reinhart.  Should we be speeding up the rebuild, or slowing it down though?  

I don't necessarily think it's about speeding up or slowing down the rebuild. I think it's more about landing the player that gives us what we need, and I think Reinhart may be a better fit than any of the players that will likely be available at the no 5 slot.

That being said, the presence of Horvat does give us at least a soft deadline. Being in the same position when Horvat is 27 years old would certainly be problematic.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't necessarily think it's about speeding up or slowing down the rebuild. I think it's more about landing the player that gives us what we need, and I think Reinhart may be a better fit than any of the players that will likely be available at the no 5 slot.

That being said, the presence of Horvat does give us at least a soft deadline. Being in the same position when Horvat is 27 years old would certainly be problematic.

The Bo factor is a very good point.  This rebuilding concept is not so simple.  I think that's where luck plays such a big part.  We need to be lucky with our picks, so they are all good players around the same age, and development.  It's looking like JB (especially after the last TDL) is working towards that end.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The Bo factor is a very good point.  This rebuilding concept is not so simple.  I think that's where luck plays such a big part.  We need to be lucky with our picks, so they are all good players around the same age, and development.  It's looking like JB (especially after the last TDL) is working towards that end.

True, but at the same time we can't rely on luck. Being fans of this franchise for as long as we have, we're both aware that luck is pretty hard to come by when it comes to anything Canucks related. 

I voted TOR's 1st (18)

I know RHDs entering their prime are worth a whole lot, but are we over-valuing Tanev a little? He's got no offense and misses quite a few games now with the injuries. I'm of the opinion that if JB drafts Liljegren or Makar at #5, Tanev's days are numbered. Subban may also be given a shot this year.

Either trade him now before draft day or wait until the trade deadline and shop him then to a contender...but that means a late 1st OA if they win the cup. Drouin for Tanev would be awesome. Why not trade Edler and Tanev while we can and get back lots of picks and good prospects.

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Reinhart would be the perfect play-making C for the Canucks.  I would be ok with Tanev + 5th, but I'm not sure Buff would be.

Horvat or Reinhart could switch up 1C/2C according to the competition.  They are very different players, but both are young and the ability to offset each other would be a great advantage.

As far as Tanev goes...I think he gets a mid 1st rounder.  Maybe they could squeeze TO for their 18th OA + Kapenen.  Anything less than that offer should be rejected.  I'd rather Tanev stays with the Canucks.

If Tanev is traded, I expect us to take Liljegren in the draft. I would love if we could walk out with Liljegren as well as either Glass or Mittelstadt.

If Benning can pull that heist on draft day, and secure our future defensive first pairing, (Juolevi - Liljegren) as well as our next offensive center to bounce off of Horvat, this rebuild will be much quicker than people expect. 

My two cents. Only way we get drouin is if we include the 5th overall pick or take back Callahans contract. That is if he would waive. 

But drouin would be best case scenario

same sorta thing goes for puljuravi. 

The deal that holds the most realism is kapanen and a 1st for tanev

no interest in leipsic. If we could add a 3rd part it would be someone with size, a centre or a d prospect

any love for...

to tb: tanev

to van: point, 1st pick 2017 (14th ovr)

baertschi-horvat-boeser

sedin-sedin-goldobin

eriksson-sutter-granlund

virtanen-point-dorsett

On 2017-05-14 at 8:32 PM, janisahockeynut said:

OK.....I am not the judge here...you guys are............

Please vote for the most Realistic trade you feel the Canucks could get for Tanev

Do Not Vote the best trade offered!

These are the ones I have read on here and HF Boards

Oops should have read first - selected drouin cause think he was best option offered 

not sure though - really don't think caps partnwith bowey especially with so many d free agents and him about to step in 

kapanen and a 1st seems possible - think we'd all be ok with that

tanev to Winnipeg for Kyle Connor + would be a great outcome

tanev to tbay would be excellent for us and for Hedman 

Just out of curiosity. What about a trade with Calgary? They've soured on Bennett and have had problems on D this year. I'm confident that they can accommodate Tanev well. What about a trade centered around Bennett and Tanev? I'd probably guess and say that Calgary would want an add on, and perhaps a cap dump going our way which is fair. 

What say you? Possible?

Another possibility would be Arizona, but not for their first. Rather try get something done prospects-wise. They are so rich but are lacking an RHD. Could also be a statement to OEL that they are committing to building around him.

16 hours ago, billabong said:

My two cents. Only way we get drouin is if we include the 5th overall pick or take back Callahans contract. That is if he would waive. 

But drouin would be best case scenario

same sorta thing goes for puljuravi. 

The deal that holds the most realism is kapanen and a 1st for tanev

no interest in leipsic. If we could add a 3rd part it would be someone with size, a centre or a d prospect

any love for...

to tb: tanev

to van: point, 1st pick 2017 (14th ovr)

baertschi-horvat-boeser

sedin-sedin-goldobin

eriksson-sutter-granlund

virtanen-point-dorsett

To add to your first point.

My thought would be Drouin and Callaghan for Tanev + a 2nd rounder

Then we incentivize Las Vegas taking Sutter in the Expansion Draft say with a 3rd rounder and Callaghan can be our 3rd line center.

Just a thought.

Flame On  

Archived