The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tanev Poll - The Mother of all Polls (Discussion)

The Tanev trade Poll  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, dayner said:

To add to your first point.

My thought would be Drouin and Callaghan for Tanev + a 2nd rounder

Then we incentivize Las Vegas taking Sutter in the Expansion Draft say with a 3rd rounder and Callaghan can be our 3rd line center.

Just a thought.

Flame On  

Callahan is a winger 

Getting back to Tampa... Seeing as we all really like the Tanev to Toronto for 1st + Kapanen trade, how about something along those lines?

Brett Howden + 14th OA (Pettersson, Suzuki, Veselainen, Rasmussen, Hague) + Garrison for Tanev + minor add. 

So in my eyes: The Toronto trade seems a tad bit in our favour if we look at it in terms of value. At least in my opinion. Brett Howden is in many ways their top prospect (and a center), he has put up good numbers in the WHL and the AHL (low sample size) but most importantly has great size. TB is loaded and have Mitchell Stephens right behind Howden, so losing Howden isn't as big a deal. I think he is better than Kapanen. The first is better than Toronto's. Garrison would need to come back for cap reasons. 

The add from our side is to level the trading field a bit and make it more attractive for the Bolts, also to level the amount of contracts going both ways (perhaps important for Tampa?), I'm thinking something along the lines of maybe Subban, maybe Lockwood, maybe Brisebois? If that is too rich we can always add Grenier, Cassels, Mckenzie or McEneny.

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

Toronto won't be trading high end assets for a defenceman right after signing two. 

except they're both LHD. There's still space on the top pairing for a RHD like Tanev in TO. Or if Reilly didn't want to play the left side Tanev can still pair well with Gardiner. 

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

except they're both LHD. There's still space on the top pairing for a RHD like Tanev in TO. Or if Reilly didn't want to play the left side Tanev can still pair well with Gardiner. 

Tanev always pairs well with whomever he plays with.  He's a player who makes his partner better.  That's why we should NOT trade him to the HATED Leafs.

Just now, Alflives said:

Tanev always pairs well with whomever he plays with.  He's a player who makes his partner better.  That's why we should NOT trade him to the HATED Leafs.

yah but at least Ms. Alf would be happy right? 

TO is in a position to trade for Tanev pre-expansion draft if they want to, really the only D they need to protect are Reily and Gardiner and they could protect Tanev too. Zaitsev isn't eligible. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Disliking a team is no reason to avoid trading when it can benefit the team. 

Archived