The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Arizona Sun Devils [TP Wins!!!]

T-rex930

9 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

JJ do you notice that whenever someone calls you out you automatically insinuate they must be scum? I don't think this logic holds up at all considering villagers will often have incorrect reads. I also think it's bad for the sake of discussion to always OMGUS anyone raising concerns.

I know, I've a few bad habits to clear up before I can be considered a competent player.

I am trying though. J-23 is a legitimate scum suspect for me though

30 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

So you are saying that two players who are undefeated as mafia, would be so blatantly stupid to give the extra elasticity to your obvious stretch of nothing.

Risky as scum that you would try so hard to get a TP lynched.

You must feel empowered with 2 big name players against me.

This reads as a slip.

I mean I know first-hand that I've been burned a few times by my statements and how I've worded them but it implies to me that him and BJ are mafia teammates again and that this is why they wouldn't be dumb to do it.

His over the top defence is very typical of him as TP but that shouldn't excuse at all.  It's quite sad too that he's gotten this upset with nightfall not even close.

Vote JJ

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

This reads as a slip.

I mean I know first-hand that I've been burned a few times by my statements and how I've worded them but it implies to me that him and BJ are mafia teammates again and that this is why they wouldn't be dumb to do it.

His over the top defence is very typical of him as TP but that shouldn't excuse at all.  It's quite sad too that he's gotten this upset with nightfall not even close.

Vote JJ

Nope! Hey, yall gotta grasp at something I suppose.

Funny thing is, I'm not upset.

I'm just wondering how I can possibly be the most scummy player.

Please do lynch! My last words will be scathing!

13 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

This reads as a slip.

Vote JJ

This was my initial thought as well. I'm cautious about reading too much into "slips" because often they aren't alignment indicative imo. 

3 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

J23 posting tongue twisters is odd. I don't see the reason. Then to state early the it would be bad to lose him. 

To have a village role it would be best to be a bit more discreet.

You may not get lynched but im sure now that you have stated that you may get nkd. And if you don't, well then thats really suspicious.

This....is nothing but fluff.

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Ok, so JJ disappears after all the accusations, and he is probably staying quiet now cause he don't wanna his name thrown around again. Also, BJ22 asking if this is a vanilla game, why would he think that, T-Rex would've clearly stated it if it was a Vanilla game. Maybe cause the host of past Vanilla games (aka JJ) and him were talking about it somewhere else.

tin-foil-hat.jpg?1488652503

1 hour ago, JAY JAY said:

So you are saying that two players who are undefeated as mafia, would be so blatantly stupid to give the extra elasticity to your obvious stretch of nothing.

Risky as scum that you would try so hard to get a TP lynched.

You must feel empowered with 2 big name players against me.

I'm not undefeated.

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

Wait, you (JJ) and BJ are undefeated as mafia?? Well that's about to change lmao.

I'm not undefeated!

3 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

J23 posting tongue twisters is odd. I don't see the reason. Then to state early the it would be bad to lose him. 

To have a village role it would be best to be a bit more discreet.

You may not get lynched but im sure now that you have stated that you may get nkd. And if you don't, well then thats really suspicious.

I'm quoting it again because I don't like it that much. Horrible post imo that does its best to stay neutral of the situation. Scum read.

2 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I like the shade on JJ. I'm pretty sure he's scum and laying low until we forget about him.

Very quick turnaround that should be noted.

I find BW's game all over the place and inconsistent from previous gameplay. He's putting a lot of feelers out on everyone and it comes across as fishing for me rather than scum hunting. I don't like his quick turnaround from voting to agreeing and following J23. My post about J23's derp clear/ being present on CDC beforehand was never addressed, and I would have thought BW would want an answer to that first before going along and agreeing with his assessments. Scum lean for him at the moment.

I'll have to look at the J23/JJ encounter more closely.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I find BW's game all over the place and inconsistent from previous gameplay. He's putting a lot of feelers out on everyone and it comes across as fishing for me rather than scum hunting. I don't like his quick turnaround from voting to agreeing and following J23. My post about J23's derp clear/ being present on CDC beforehand was never addressed, and I would have thought BW would want an answer to that first before going along and agreeing with his assessments. Scum lean for him at the moment.

I know you're undefeated and all, but I have to disagree. I thought the read on JJ (by J23) was good, and don't mind BW switching tracks. It's early game - nothing wrong with fishing around a bit.

lol

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

This....is nothing but fluff.

So J23 have basically stated he has a role that townies need and that it will be bad if we lunch him. But in that sense he actually outed himself to the mafia not town. Do you get that.

So we will play the waiting game to see if the mafia do in fact off him or take the chance that they let him live and we lynch him later do to speculation and suspicion.

Do the mafia want to take that chance? I was hoping not to spell it out for you and that you would take the initiative to figure it out for yourself to see that it was not fluff

The fact that you say "J-23 is a legitimate scum suspect for me though" is suspect.

There is a case for both.

On one hand, I actually agree with JJ that J23 has been tunneling him a little. I also don't like how part of the argument formed against JJ is on the timing of his posts. It can be used as an enhancer to an argument but shouldn't be a driving force. AV and BW have mentioned other reasons for suspicions on JJ, including potential slips and "wolfing" but I didn't get any of that from J23. I also don't like how his pseudo derp clear hasn't been cleared or addressed yet.

On the other hand, JJ has called J23 a prime scum suspect, but I have yet to see a breakdown for this reasoning (selective power outage theory doesn't count). I He's had no problem defending himself to his critics who voice their suspicions however despite this. With that said, I find that more suspicious/scummy then his overall gameplay. It could be just because I always have horrible reads on him but I haven't seen anything that contradicts his normal TP behavior yet and disagree about his potential "slips" (with some parts of that due to my name coming up ;))

If you force me to choose at this moment, I vote J23 over JJ. I'll make a final decision tonight if necessary on them if it comes to fruition, but for now, I'm gonna vote for a guy who I find more suspicious than both of them.

Vote DM

16 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I know you're undefeated and all, but I have to disagree. I thought the read on JJ (by J23) was good, and don't mind BW switching tracks. It's early game - nothing wrong with fishing around a bit.

Agree to disagree on this one then. I didn't think it was good, nor did I think the switch was consistent. It was odd enough for me to make a big deal about it.

13 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

lol

So J23 have basically stated he has a role that townies need and that it will be bad if we lunch him. But in that sense he actually outed himself to the mafia not town. Do you get that.

So we will play the waiting game to see if the mafia do in fact off him or take the chance that they let him live and we lynch him later do to speculation and suspicion.

Do the mafia want to take that chance? I was hoping not to spell it out for you and that you would take the initiative to figure it out for yourself to see that it was not fluff

The fact that you say "J-23 is a legitimate scum suspect for me though" is suspect.

Nice Beetlejuice.

That wasn't even me who said that. Are you even reading the thread?

BJ ignore that bottom portion for JJ. I was making a point with that. But the top portion is for you ;) Is that still Beetlejuicing and can you explain what you mean by that thanks. I can't have you state fluff and not explain why you call it fluff. It would seem as if you are trying to deflect away from J23? 

35 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I'll have to look at the J23/JJ encounter more closely.

Is me putting out feelers not normal? I thought you loved my feelers.

I'm not gonna dismiss J23 just because I thought he was wolfy. That would be super anti-town. Also I voted JJ for my own reasons which happened to align to J23.

I agree that the way j23 evaded the original accusations wasn't great but I think he more or less addressed it, no?

3 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

BJ ignore that bottom portion for JJ. I was making a point with that. But the top portion is for you ;) Is that still Beetlejuicing and can you explain what you mean by that thanks. I can't have you state fluff and not explain why you call it fluff. It would seem as if you are trying to deflect away from J23? 

Beetlejuice = when someone is absent and then shows up immediately after they are called out. 

I'm still confused so I'll just answer what I am able to decipher.

28 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

lol

1. So J23 have basically stated he has a role that townies need and that it will be bad if we lunch him. But in that sense he actually outed himself to the mafia not town. Do you get that.

1. No, I don't get that. I have no idea what this means.

2. Legit lolin because I still have no idea what you are saying.

BW already explained the beetlejuice comment.

• T-rex930 changed the title to Mafia: Arizona Sun Devils [TP Wins!!!]
  • -SN- unpinned this topic

Archived