The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] UPDATED Leafs sign Andreas Borgman and Calle Rosen

2 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

I'm thinking Yzerman would hang up the phone. 

Their window is slowly shutting with Stammer. They have the skill up front to win the just need a player that can shutdown other teams top players.

Hedman Tanev would be a great top pairing to have.

If Burrows and Hansen gets you Goldobin and Dahlen I'm sure Tanev could get us Drouin

8 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Their window is slowly shutting with Stammer. They have the skill up front to win the just need a player that can shutdown other teams top players.

If Burrows and Hansen gets you Goldobin and Dahlen I'm sure Tanev could get us Drouin

Why wouldn't they rather get rid of Tyler Johnson instead of John Drouin?

24 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Drouin is a top 3 pick. If Tanev can fetch us a top 3 pick then we should just trade him to Dallas for the 3rd overall and then we can pick up the player left over from Patrick/Hischier. 

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

Drouin is a top 3 pick. If Tanev can fetch us a top 3 pick then we should just trade him to Dallas for the 3rd overall and then we can pick up the player left over from Patrick/Hischier. 

You would need a top 2 for NP or Hischier, Drouin was actually a 4th OA I believe and yes for a Dman of Tanev's calibre we could get Drouin. We're not talking about a proven guy like Taylor Hall, we're buying potential

10 hours ago, thundernuts said:

the rich get richer.  wonder if this could alleviate the need of a rhd if they feel he can play 25 minutes a night?

I'd think they'd still need a tanman. but who knows now right.

Just now, Rush17 said:

the rich get richer.  wonder if this could alleviate the need of a rhd if they feel he can play 25 minutes a night?

I'd think they'd still need a tanman. but who knows now right.

how silly am I to think an nhl rookie can play 25 minutes a night. I know right?  stecher was pretty close tho.

12 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Don't think that's how it works. I don't think you would trade Horvat for the 9th overall in this year's draft. I suspect Yzerman is doing a pump and dump with Drouin.

16 hours ago, Hortankin said:

You would need a top 2 for NP or Hischier, Drouin was actually a 4th OA I believe and yes for a Dman of Tanev's calibre we could get Drouin. We're not talking about a proven guy like Taylor Hall, we're buying potential

We're also talking about a defenceman with a rough injury history.. I don't see his value as high as some of the people here. We would have to add more to the pot. 

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

We're also talking about a defenceman with a rough injury history.. I don't see his value as high as some of the people here. We would have to add more to the pot. 

So you're saying maybe Subban or something as an add.

45 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

way more than that. Im thinking they would probably want a Boeser or 1st round pick + Tanev for Drouin. Not saying that is fair value at all just what they would probably ask. 

1 hour ago, Ojibwa72 said:

No. It would be like a young forward or 2nd round. 

Let's keep in mind he broke through big time this year and we're just scratching the surface. Drouin can big a top line guy. 

6 minutes ago, cyoung said:

No. It would be like a young forward or 2nd round. 

Let's keep in mind he broke through big time this year and we're just scratching the surface. Drouin can big a top line guy. 

I totally agree I'm just trying to get verification on what you think suitable.

On 16/05/2017 at 3:44 PM, lumberman said:

Leafs will win the cup long before Vancouver. Aggressive signings in line with a solid plan, something Vancouver should copy.

Example, JB is working on POSSIBLY resigning Granpa Miller, while we have a 4 Million $ back up?

Can't see the fan base staying patient very long with this management team.

You make a good point .  If we are resigning miller what are we doing with a 4 mil backup? 

Might as well take on niemi or lehtonen and something like a pick. 

If Marky isn't ready to be a number one now then he will never be and that makes him a bad signing. 

So don't sign miller imo and get one of those two and whatever gratefulness we can get from Dallas.  

Archived