The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Subban scouting Ryan Ellis

CanadianRugby

Alright, all aboard the Subban bandwagon!

I recall PK saying about Jordan that he would be even better than him. Not sure I believe that, maybe just some love from his bro, but it is something to look forward to. I hope he plays with the Canucks a bit this year.

17 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I was never on board with CDC's push to fast track him to the NHL.  That being said, I really hope he can make the team.  

How about when he comes up, he gets a friggin' chance to play at least?

I've been rooting for this young guy since Vancouver drafted him. He set the record for goals scored with the Bulls which I believe he beat his older brother's record? Hope he takes some good lessons from Ellis and/or PK and adapts it into his game.

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Alright, all aboard the Subban bandwagon!

I recall PK saying about Jordan that he would be even better than him. Not sure I believe that, maybe just some love from his bro, but it is something to look forward to. I hope he plays with the Canucks a bit this year.

Never believe that kind of sibling talk. Pavel said the same about Valerie Bure.

I'd certainly like to see Subban get his shot this season. With where we're at, points don't matter all that much, and we can afford to take a few risks.

The fact is that our blueline has been offensively dreadful, and it's a big reason why we're having trouble scoring. It's time to take a chance and get Subban into the lineup to help out with that imo. 

Maybe he would have more success if he moved to the forward group....it's much more palatable for a coach to play a small player upfront.  Probably would have nightmares picturing Subban pushing Getzlaf, Lucic, Kopitar etc from the front of the net.  He could still play the point on the P.P.  

Edit.  Either they or try him with Guddy

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about when he comes up, he gets a friggin' chance to play at least?

He'll get that chance in training camp/pre-season.  Stetcher showed right away he can play, and coaches/management seemed to get a good read on him in practice even before the pre season started.  Let's hope Subban can make big strides as well so no one is doubting his defensive play.  I'd love to see him and Stetcher in the line up.

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

He'll get that chance in training camp/pre-season.  Stetcher showed right away he can play, and coaches/management seemed to get a good read on him in practice even before the pre season started.  Let's hope Subban can make big strides as well so no one is doubting his defensive play.  I'd love to see him and Stetcher in the line up.

They sent Stecher down, and only brought him back when Larsen got injured, even though Stecher was clearly their best D to that point.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

They sent Stecher down, and only brought him back when Larsen got injured, even though Stecher was clearly their best D to that point.  

Green knows Subban better than anyone in the system, if he can play up here Green will find a way, and if not, I think we can trust that the kid just doesn't have the D skill. 

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

he wasn't at risk of being picked up on waivers Alf

True, but best should get the spots, right?  Wasn't one of the reasons Tryamkin gave for his leaving seeing guys not as good as him getting preferred ice time?  I don't know, but I just want Subban to get a fair shot.

29 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd certainly like to see Subban get his shot this season. With where we're at, points don't matter all that much, and we can afford to take a few risks.

The fact is that our blueline has been offensively dreadful, and it's a big reason why we're having trouble scoring. It's time to take a chance and get Subban into the lineup to help out with that imo. 

I don't think people realize how much he struggles defensively at the AHL level

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think people realize how much he struggles defensively at the AHL level

I don't follow Utica very closely, but that's a concern and unfortunate to hear. Sure enough, Pedan was +17 while Subban was -5 last season. Not a great sign.

8 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I don't follow Utica very closely, but that's a concern and unfortunate to hear. Sure enough, Pedan was +17 while Subban was -5 last season. Not a great sign.

and pedan had a very rough year

Archived