The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Galchenyuk (discussion/proposal)

10 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

They need a lefty to come in to replace Markov but I don't think we have anyone suitable. The old iron horse is coming to and end and I think will retire soon.

He's got a season or 2 left in him. After that the hope is that Sergachev will be ready to step into that role. 

17 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

If I were them I'd trade Sergachev for Duchene

Bergevin has emphatically said that he will not trade Sergachev.  He says these calls last 20 seconds at most.

4 hours ago, Ojibwa72 said:

They need a lefty to come in to replace Markov but I don't think we have anyone suitable. The old iron horse is coming to and end and I think will retire soon.

Bergevin confirmed that they want to bring Markov back - he wants to stay there too.

19 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

If I were them I'd trade Sergachev for Duchene

You think 'chuck "isn't ready to play center" wait till they get a load of Matt"Do I have to do it?" Duchene

Joke of a center, can score, but can't (or won't) do any of the other things a center is supposed too.

He's a big reason why the Avs are that bad, he's the Taylor Hall of the group and Sakic better lower the price and get him the hell out of town, I would predict this would add 20 Pts in the standing for the Avs, just by getting rid of him.

Could see them trade Galchenyuk for a young left-side defenseman or a lesser young center and a pick.

They have a bunch of right-side D-men (Weber, Petry, even several prospects e.g. Juulsen) but not many left-side guys (Markov, Emelin are older, just have Beaulieu as a younger left D with upside).  They will also need a young center prospect. Wonder if Carolina may sweep in with one of their lefties to buy low for him?  They need scoring up front still.   

Could also see Chicago in the mix if they see promise in him -- something like Forsling and a young forward prospect, then they trade Seabrook to shed cap as needed.

11 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Could see them trade Galchenyuk for a young left-side defenseman or a lesser young center and a pick.

They have a bunch of right-side D-men (Weber, Petry, even several prospects e.g. Juulsen) but not many left-side guys (Markov, Emelin are older, just have Beaulieu as a younger left D with upside).  They will also need a young center prospect. Wonder if Carolina may sweep in with one of their lefties to buy low for him?  They need scoring up front still.   

Could also see Chicago in the mix if they see promise in him -- something like Forsling and a young forward prospect, then they trade Seabrook to shed cap as needed.

Sergachev 

Montreal needs more offence.  Plain and simple. 

Archived