The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van - Tor, Van - Washington (Proposal)

Maybe a Tanev and Baertschi for Evander Kane and buffalos 1st + could work? Bufallo maybe ads another pick like a 3rd. In a dream they give up Nylander and a first for Tanev and s 3rd but they probably wouldn't. 

I've see a few proposals lately where we retain some salary(on Edler for example). I think we are at the max we are allowed to retain for. Am I mistaken? I believe each team is only allowed to retain salary on 3 players at one time. When JB retained some salary in the Hanson deal that put us at the max until Hanson comes off the books next year. 

Im not criticizing the deal. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this is indeed true? Because if it is then this style of trade becomes a no go for the Canucks this year. 

What good do Kapanen and Carrick do us?  A bottom-pairing prospect, and which winger does Kapanen supplant -- Boeser, Baertschi, Dahlen, Goldobin?

Just because Toronto could very much benefit from Tanev doesn't mean we take back things that fit our needs.  The Canucks aren't a charity to help other teams.

Archived